2006 KJ Liberty Transmission Problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 2006 KJ Liberty Transmission Problems

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 05-17-2010, 10:15 AM   #1
rori101
2006 KJ Liberty 

2006 KJ Liberty Transmission Problems

I've been currently experiencing some problems with the Jeep Liberty 2006, sometimes while I'm waiting for a stoplight in drive, the car begins to jerk forward even though I have my foot on the brake petal. And it would do jerk a total of 3 times before the transmission light turns on. Do you have any idea of what can be the problem with my Jeep? I would greatly appreciate any answer.

Total Mileage of my jeep so far: 80.020
And the transmission has been serviced and rechecked for any problems (none being found)

According to what KJJEEPER said:
"Sounds like if you are stepping on the brake trying to keep it stopped and the tranny is trying to make it go forward then it is getting hot. Something is causing the surging. Then the tranny is getting hot as it is being forced to stop." (thank you for your help)

rori101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 03:49 PM   #2
LibertyTC
2004 KJ Liberty 

Are the rpm's remaining high while stopped?
The dealer has the proper diagnostic scan tools and it is best advised that you seek help at you local dealer.
LibertyTC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breaking , help please , liberty , problem , tranny problem

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.