2006 jeep Liberty blower motor resistor were is it at and how to get it out? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 2006 jeep Liberty blower motor resistor were is it at and how to get it out?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 10-06-2008, 05:39 PM   #1
slickdevil72
2006 KJ Liberty 

2006 jeep Liberty blower motor resistor were is it at and how to get it out?

I have a 2006 liberty with the 3.7 V6 and my blower motor fan speed works on 2,3,4 speed's but not on number 1 the slow speed from what i've read its the resister that goes out most of the time and just the high speed works all my speed's work but not number 1 speed so its got to be the same thing.If i get a new resistor were is it at and how do u get it out to change it? is it by the blower motor itself? thanks for your time.

slickdevil72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2008, 05:56 PM   #2
hithere2ya
2006 KJ Liberty 

Re; fan blower

I believe there was a recall on this, it is worth a call to the dealer even if you are beyond the mileage warranty period.

Alternately, there could be a fuse blown, they are located to the left of the steering wheel on the side panel facing the door.

Good luck!
hithere2ya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2008, 07:03 PM   #3
Jakked

The resistor pack is pretty inexpensive and accessible through the glovebox.

I believe there are a couple of threads on this forum with instructions on how to change it; I'm sure you can find them with a quick search.
1986 Trooper 2.3L I-4 4x4 5-sp
Jakked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2008, 06:50 AM   #4
barbara061

Blower motor in a Jeep Liberty 2004 Sport

Where is the blower motor resistor item located in a 2004 Jeep Liberty ?
I am having the same problem and am going to try and replace it myself.

Thanks for any help,
Barbara061
barbara061 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2008, 09:01 AM   #5
DryBones
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Easy replacement, right behind the glove box. Drop the door on the glovebox and you can see it. I had the same problem with my 1 setting and bought the part from the dealer and replaced it in about 5 minutes.
DryBones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2008, 01:39 PM   #6
Jeep03Lib

Blower motor

I have the same problem, however my #2 setting didn't work. Then all settings quit working. I replaced the blower fuse under the hood. Then my blower started working, however #2 was still dead. Then the blower quit working again. Then my battery went dead. The battery is five years old and I needed to replace it anyway. Purchased new battery. Now blower fan quits again all together. I haven't touched the blower resistor behind glove box. Thinking about giving it a try? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jeep03Lib is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2009, 11:13 AM   #7
rickxx

thanks for the great info. my resistor just went out. i'll check to see if it's covered under recall...if not, i'll pick up the part and replace myself.
rickxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2010, 08:21 PM   #8
KirkH58

I just fixed one in under 10 minutes and I am a painter by trade!
KirkH58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2010, 09:17 PM   #9
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

For those that might read this thread on a search for a Jeep KJ resister pack,

Standard part# 5131719AA

Or you can use a much heavier duty resister pack from a Chysler Sebring for a few more bucks, and hopefully not ever have to do it again. Direct replacement.

Sebring part# 5174124AA

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2011, 11:44 AM   #10
JLiberty79
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara061 View Post
Where is the blower motor resistor item located in a 2004 Jeep Liberty ?
I am having the same problem and am going to try and replace it myself.

Thanks for any help,
Barbara061
take a look at this link http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35659
JLiberty79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 03:22 PM   #11
msmmh
2006 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLiberty79 View Post
Thanks for the link
msmmh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2012, 01:19 PM   #12
nymom247365
2002 KK Liberty 

My Jeep Liberty 2002 Limited is overheating and has plenty of anti-freeze and replaced the radiator fan because that is not working. The new one is not working either and all fuses work fine, any suggestions? Could it be the resistor and where can I find it and what does it look like?
nymom247365 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #13
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The resistor pack is a part of the interior blower fan equipment/control. If i'st going bad you lose one or more interior fan speeds.

Not what you are looking for. Other members will chime in I'm sure as to what points you need to start looking at.

Might be a good idea to start your own fresh thread, as this one is for a differant issue.

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #14
jerryrb
2007 KJ Liberty 

avoiding resistor replacements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakked View Post
The resistor pack is pretty inexpensive and accessible through the glovebox.

I believe there are a couple of threads on this forum with instructions on how to change it; I'm sure you can find them with a quick search.
remember its a RESISTOR so its stopping the full 12 volts from getting to the fan so if you use 1 or 2 speed alot it will burn out cause the resistor gets HOT thats why they put it in the cold air box so it will get cooled off. i always use 4 or 5 and just regulate the temperture with the cold(blue) to hot(red) . my 02 still has the original resistor. just replaced a freinds 05 that he always uses 1 or 2 .
jerryrb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.