2006 jeep liberty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 2006 jeep liberty

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 04-01-2014, 12:34 PM   #1
adamcomeens94
2006 KJ Liberty 

2006 jeep liberty

wanting to put a rough country 3" with 265/75 general grabbers and wanting to make sure the tires will fit. any comments?

adamcomeens94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2014, 01:29 PM   #2
ewingtkepa

I'm not sure they would fit but they would look good if they do.
ewingtkepa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2014, 03:06 PM   #3
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Highly doubt it
You need 4 inches of lift to run 265-75-16s plus regear to 4.10s
Now that is a spacer style lift, KJs are known to sag over time ( example one rolled in here with 75,000 miles and was sitting over 1.5 inches lower than stock) Only way to lift one and do it right and have clearance is a full spring lift.
With that lift you may try and run 245-75-16s , they may fit depending on sag, but not 265-75s

Hope you have not already bought it
For what it costs you could have 4 springs paid for and then just need front and rear shocks
Unread 04-03-2014, 04:34 PM   #4
adamcomeens94
2006 KJ Liberty 

will it rub harder and more likely in front of the wheel well? because i have a smittybilt tj bumper on the front with the stock front bumper completely gone. so im not worried about the front rubbing. and i know ill have to cut the unibody in the back of the wheel well.
adamcomeens94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 04:51 PM   #5
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcomeens94 View Post
will it rub harder and more likely in front of the wheel well? because i have a smittybilt tj bumper on the front with the stock front bumper completely gone. so im not worried about the front rubbing. and i know ill have to cut the unibody in the back of the wheel well.
DO NOT CUT the unibody in the rear part of the wheelwell, just bend it over with a large hammer after heating the liner to move it out of the way while you bend it over .
Again if you want to run 265-75-16s you have to have more lift I don't care what kind of bumper etc. There is not enough room in the wheelwells to run that sixe with one or two inches of lift. ( which is what you will have with sagged springs and a spacer lift)
Plus then you're still looking at regearing
With 245-75-16s you'll most likely get by with pounding over the pinch weld and using that lift , will be close but doable
Unread 12-04-2014, 01:50 PM   #6
ACM423
2006 KJ Liberty 

I know I am a little late to the conversation but I have the 3" Rough Country lift on my '06 Liberty and am running 265/70/17 with no problem at all. 265/70 is what Rough Country says the 3" lift was designed for.

All that needs done is a little trimming of the Wheel Liner for the front wheels when turning.
ACM423 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2014, 01:54 PM   #7
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM423 View Post
I know I am a little late to the conversation but I have the 3" Rough Country lift on my '06 Liberty and am running 265/70/17 with no problem at all. 265/70 is what Rough Country says the 3" lift was designed for.

All that needs done is a little trimming of the Wheel Liner for the front wheels when turning.
Measure middle of the wheel to bottom of the fender in front , just curious

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.