2005 Remote programming - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 2005 Remote programming

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
-Joe-
1995 ZJ 

2005 Remote programming

I have the manual, I have instructions but for some reason the jeep will not enter programming mode.

I have 2 working keys and remotes and want to add a third remote/key.

Manual says remote training is an option in the Overhead EVIC.. Its not..

I tried turning the key to on, pressing unlock for 6 seconds then press panic while holding down unlock and then programming a remote but I get no audible chime when doing so.

Is there another way? Or something missing from the manual?

2005 Liberty Limited.

'95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo I6 4.0L
242TC - Extreme Engineering 2" Front Lift/1.75" Rear Lift - ES9000 Shocks + JKS BPEs
Moog Cargo Control Springs
Magnaflow Converter - Dynomax Muffler
235/75/15 AT Uniroyal Liberator Tires
-Joe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
b71655

Hey,Joe. Joined just to reply. Go to a dealer with your owners man and show them where it says the limited has that on the overhead menu to program your new remote. Then , have them show you how to get there. Dealer I bought from programed my new key for me. Then, copied my book to send to distric for answer. Said to return to him in future for any keys.
b71655 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.