2005 rear window stut Bracket - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 2005 rear window stut Bracket

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-06-2014, 08:16 AM   #1
jn3237
2005 KJ Liberty 

2005 rear window stut Bracket

The bracket that is mounted on the rear window itself that holds the strut, has broken , it was rusted, my husband took it to dealership and a glass replacement business and both told him that the whole real window would have to be replaced. Does anyone know of a different solution?
I purchased this Jeep in January and at this point I am very disappointed , I love the car, but it is starting to nickel and dime us to death, the gas tank is messed up, the driver window has stopped working and now this bracket has broken, we had to have it aliened and some rust on the bottom panel repaired. We haven't gotten the driver side window repaired yet , waiting on the $100 replacement piece to arrive. Then we have to find someone to do that. And still don't have any idea about the gas tank.

jn3237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2014, 05:15 PM   #2
carey771
2003 KJ Liberty 

Look for a replacement window at a salvadge yard. Now adays most of them inventory
Their parts. Same thing happened to our 2003 liberty. One strut will work. If one side is still good
carey771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2014, 07:18 PM   #3
jn3237
2005 KJ Liberty 

Thanks, we will do that, yes we noticed that one still works, but we are worried about how bothersome that would be if both broke, and how much pressure it is because only one is working.
jn3237 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.