2005 Liberty Sport Sway Bar Bushings - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 2005 Liberty Sport Sway Bar Bushings

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 01-29-2007, 03:22 PM   #1
kstate29

2005 Liberty Sport Sway Bar Bushings

I took my Liberty in for the lower ball joint recall and the next day my car was making a terrible noise whenever I braked. I took it back to the dealer and they told me my sway bar bushing needed to be replaced. They also told me you can't replace just the sway bar bushings, you have to replace the entire sway bar. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Do I have to replace the entire sway bar? Thank you!

kstate29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2007, 10:01 PM   #2
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

That's BS. It IS possible to replace the bushings. I've had it done before, but it was a waste of time. The problem will just keep coming back each winter.
Unread 01-31-2007, 04:47 AM   #3
rob92xj
1992 XJ Cherokee 

How many miles are on your 05 KJ as it would be a covered item if your under 36000.
rob92xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2007, 08:03 AM   #4
jeepjeepster

I take mine off all the time to clean and lube them. Doesnt take 10min to do.
jeepjeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2007, 08:02 AM   #5
peje

NO you don't need to replace sway bar when you do bushings. I did mine twice so far and it looks like every winter it gets bad. I have one more winter to go before my warranty expires so it looks I will be doing them again.
peje is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #6
gone_jeepin
1997 ZJ 

Just get under there with some WD-40 and the noise will go away!!!
gone_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.