2005 Liberty Renegade Grill Guard - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 2005 Liberty Renegade Grill Guard

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG4th of July Military Discount! (Active: July 2 - 16, 2014)Currie RockJock Products!!

Unread 12-08-2008, 09:03 AM   #1
meisterbug

2005 Liberty Renegade Grill Guard

Does anyone know which grill guard fits without mods. This is my son's vehicle and will be a Xmas present. He has the factory fog lights on the top of the bumper.

meisterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2008, 06:24 PM   #2
DaveJKJ
2005 KJ Liberty 

Grill guards usually mount on the tow hook attachment positions so you lose your tow hooks as you will have to take them out to mount the grill guard. (the 05 Renne usually came with the off-road package from the factory including tow hooks). You will need to check into that to see if it is possible to safely re-mount them somewhere. You would not want to loose your tow points.
War Veterans Jeep Group #31
Black Jeep Society #217
DaveJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2008, 08:27 AM   #3
meisterbug

What about the fog lights interference?
meisterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2008, 11:07 AM   #4
KJcrazy123
2007 KJ Liberty 

You'r going to have to take off the fog lights, and the tow hooks. However when you install the grill guard (get it professionally done), the tow hooks will be replaced. Or since the guard is connected to the frame of the KJ, you might connect the hooks to the guard. Go to your local dealer and see what OEM Mopar Grill guards they have for the 2005 KJ Renegade. I know they should carry some that have a new set of fog lights that come with it. Good luck, and I hope he enjoys it! I know I would!
[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][B]Jeep,[/B][/FONT] [FONT="Arial"]It is a[/FONT][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="4"][I]lifestlye,[/I][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT="Arial"]not a[/FONT] [FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="5"][I][B]bodystyle.[/B][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
KJcrazy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2008, 08:05 PM   #5
mescott2

I have an '06 Renegade and looking for the same thing. I have seen one around my area with a grill guard and factory fog lights. I can never seem to be somewhere where it is possible to get his attention and so i can ask him where he got it. I see him often and as soon as i can get to talk to him, i'll post.
mescott2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.