2005 Liberty Electrical Issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 2005 Liberty Electrical Issue

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 12-16-2011, 07:25 AM   #1
emtfirefighter
2005 KJ Liberty 

2005 Liberty Electrical Issue

I have an 05 Jeep Liberty that has given me all sorts of issues. It started in 09 when suddenly didn't have brake or tail lights. Took it to a shop and they traced everything they could and said they thought maybe the BCM. They rewired the brake lights so they would work. Then about a year later I went to turn on my map light and they didn't work. Tried the dome light, nothing. Minutes later the radio quit working and the sunroof wouldn't open. After months of driving it like this some friends attempted to re-wire the radio so I'd at least have music for my hour drive to work and suddenly everything started working again. August this year I was driving and my windows wouldn't go down, the A/C wouldn't come on, no lights, radio, speedometer, etc. After I parked it started working again but now it's back to the radio, lights, and sunroof. It blows a fuse everytime we put one in. If it sits a while it won't blow the fuse for about an hour then after that, every time. I'm about to replace the BCM but it's going to be close to $500 and I want to make sure that is what it is. Anyone else had anything similar happen or have any advice. I appreciate it. Thanks!

emtfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2011, 07:57 AM   #2
Powerslave
2006 KJ Liberty 

---removed---
Powerslave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical issue , liberty

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.