2005 Liberty Dash Removal - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 07-09-2013, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
cecnnc

2005 Liberty Dash Removal

Does anyone have any pics, diagrams, videos of the dash removal process? Your help is GREATLY appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-10-2013, 02:03 AM
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecnnc View Post
Does anyone have any pics, diagrams, videos of the dash removal process? Your help is GREATLY appreciated!!
Remove the two "panic grab" handles on each side of the A pillars...you need to carefully pry out the rubber plugs and remove the two Torx screws in each side.

Now you can pry off the covers on each A pillar.

With these removed the long plastic strip that extends over the length of the dashboard...just below the windscreen...can carefully be pried upwards...it is held on by clips.

Now you will see how to remove the cluster assembly....one connector needs to be unplugged.

I do not know how much of the dashboard you need to remove, you can download the 2005 KJ Service Manual here

http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ

2002 2.5 Export CRD Manual 5 speed.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-10-2013, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
cecnnc

Thank you!!

BILLWILL...Thank you for the help and the manual downloads! This will make the job MUCH easier! Again thank you!

The reason I removing the dash is the AC condensation drain leaks into the passenger floor. I have cleaned it out and checked it with an inspection mirror. Nothing there. I can see all the way into the unit. But, it still leaks. I am assuming that the drain tube is cracked/broken. Any advice?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.