2005 Jeep Liberty must read - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 2005 Jeep Liberty must read

Forever Wave Flags at JeepHutRubicon Express lift kits w/shocks are on sale!ORS4x4: New Product!

Unread 11-21-2015, 07:40 PM   #1
dartonpa
2005 KJ Liberty 

2005 Jeep Liberty must read

ok so I rebuilt my jeep 2 years ago started making funny noise from bottom of motor got worse when it was warmed up and turned steering wheel, turns out drive plate bolts came loose and they had lock tight on them to,so don't fear if you hear taping noise check the drive plate.

dartonpa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2015, 04:22 AM   #2
Sloepoke

Did it sound like maybe a rod knocking ? Someone I know bought a Liberty for parts that he thought had a rod knock . When he pulled the transmission he found the torque converter bolts loose & now thinks that's probably what he was hearing . The engine has 103,000 & he offered it to me as is for a very good price .
Sloepoke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2015, 04:57 AM   #3
dartonpa
2005 KJ Liberty 

big time
Unread 11-22-2015, 10:44 AM   #4
Sloepoke

Thanks , maybe I should go ahead & buy it . Was there any sign that the bolt heads were hitting anything or was they just loose ?
Sloepoke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2015, 05:26 PM   #5
dartonpa
2005 KJ Liberty 

Just loose stoped when put in reverse got louder when in park and just turned the wheel depending on how much he wants and you can store it it's always nice to have parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.