2005 jeep liberty crd? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 2005 jeep liberty crd?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSpiderwebshade @ JeepHut.com

Unread 07-26-2011, 04:22 PM   #31
FmrSpy
2009 KK Liberty 

What is the rebuild interval on the 2.8 L CRD. I have a 2009 Liberty KK Limited fully decked out with heated leather and navigation. I bought it to pull my 900lb trailer and 700lb harley plus a friends bike; or my quads. but the performance here in Arizona at 4500 Ft ALt is not all that impressive. I am thinking of getting rid of the much nicer liberty for a CRD. I have seen some locally for 15000-16000. Though the current one I am looking at has hook ups for towing it behind a motor home. could this have done any damage to the transmission? or added mileage the vehicle didn't actually drive?

FmrSpy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2011, 06:09 PM   #32
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

This VM motor has been used across the pond in taxi's & achieved a 250K life spans. In the same token - there have been a very few here in the states that have had an early demise (under 100K). Look for the lower mileage rigs if possible. At the 100K mark, they are due for timing belt replacement and the rest of the ancillary parts needed to do things right. Not inexpensive.

They do tow like nothing else for it's size. Highly recommend putting a eco tune on them (GDE), does wonders for these puppies.

Have never purchased a towed rig, so no answers for you in that respect.

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2011, 07:45 AM   #33
Unclebob9
2006 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FmrSpy View Post
What is the rebuild interval on the 2.8 L CRD. I have a 2009 Liberty KK Limited fully decked out with heated leather and navigation. I bought it to pull my 900lb trailer and 700lb harley plus a friends bike; or my quads. but the performance here in Arizona at 4500 Ft ALt is not all that impressive. I am thinking of getting rid of the much nicer liberty for a CRD. I have seen some locally for 15000-16000. Though the current one I am looking at has hook ups for towing it behind a motor home. could this have done any damage to the transmission? or added mileage the vehicle didn't actually drive?
I have a 2006 CRD, LTD, love it. I pull it behind my motorhome, it dows no damage to it. the set up to tow it is worth about $600 when you re-sell it.
I pull a 20' twinn engine boat and a 20' quad trailer with 2 big quads on it and it pulls them like they are not even there. Comparred to my 2000 liberty which the trailer would push around and make fishtail.
As suggensted the GRD eco tune is nice to do ($400) a Provent system I consider a must (another $150-$200, or you can make something yourself for alot less, see LostJeeps forum). I paid $12,800 for my 2006 about 1 year ago, found it on EBAY.
Best of luck: Bob
Unclebob9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #34
flyboy1011
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Revival time...There's an '05 CRD with 113k miles on it that I'm seriously interested in. They are asking $10k for it. Assuming that the timing belt and water pump have been replaced as they should have been at 100k, does this seem like a decent deal? From what I've read, these rigs are amazing. I'm looking to replace my '05 TJ with one for the sake of more storage space and better gas mileage. Cheers!
flyboy1011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 02:05 AM   #35
combatmoore

Hi, I am new on here and am looking to find out if anyone that has had a 2005 CRD 4X4 Liberty start having a knocking noise right behind the automatic shifter then it stopped making that noise but when you stepped on the gas pedial it would not move?
Thanks for any information
combatmoore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 06:14 PM   #36
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatmoore View Post
Hi, I am new on here and am looking to find out if anyone that has had a 2005 CRD 4X4 Liberty start having a knocking noise right behind the automatic shifter then it stopped making that noise but when you stepped on the gas pedial it would not move?
Thanks for any information
Kinda sounds like the torque converter has died or separated from the trans.

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.