2005 jeep liberty crd? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 2005 jeep liberty crd?

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 01-13-2010, 11:13 AM   #16
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcxman View Post
If you are going to sell the crd in less than 50k miles then don't do it. Otherwise it will pay for itself pretty quick.
In the meantime you will be experiencing exhilarating performance.

Agree whole heartedly. If you don't keep your vehicles very long - a tune might not be for you.

That being said, was the best thing done to the CRD so far - hands down.

As far as cost, I see so many people put double that price into their sound systems and other items. For what you get from the tune, well worth the price of admission. IMHO

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2010, 06:38 PM   #17
POTBSS
1999 TJ Wrangler 

how's does the green diesel tune effect the performance? does make much of a difference? I have a 2007 trailblazer ss and i'm always ajusting the computer tune for weather, different mods. Its also a different, bigger motor.
POTBSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2010, 12:08 AM   #18
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yes it does. And that is a huge fun factor.

Even though it boosts the torque - what Green Diesel has done for us by dealing with the EGR, increasing fuel econ while gaining more torque, throttle tip in improvements, better coasting, tuning the turbo functions, fuel & temp Gage redo's, and over all drive-ability in the CRD is what makes that tune what it is. They are really the first company that has the expertise to go deep into the programming of these rigs to make them what they should have been from the factory in the first place. You don't have to fiddle with this tune - it's pretty much good to go.

They also make a "Hot" tune, but be ready to upgrade to the new Euro CRD torque converter pretty quick.

Unread 01-14-2010, 08:11 AM   #19
WXman
2001 WJ 

I've been told that the GDE tune significantly decreases the accuracy of the EVIC. Have you experienced that? My EVIC is perfect right now...the average MPG figure always lines up with my hand-calculated numbers when I get fuel. I'd hate to see that feature become useless.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2010, 08:33 AM   #20
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You are one of the very few lucky ones on your EVIC accuracy.

Most owners are showing a much higher fuel econ numbers on the EVIC than actual hand calculated pre tune. GDE posted they have been working with (read looking at) adjustments to make them somewhat more accurate. That said, I have not followed that progress or called them to see where they are at with it.

I will have to call them at some point to have the flash adjusted for larger tire size though. But that is a little ways off yet.

Unread 01-14-2010, 09:03 AM   #21
WXman
2001 WJ 

Really? Interesting. I've had two Dodge Rams, a Grand Cherokee, and a Liberty with the EVIC and every one of them is/has been spot on accurate. The Grand Cherokee is a little off now days, but my 31" tires and 4.11 gears may have something to do with that. All the other Chrysler products with the EVIC feature I've driven are within 0.2 MPG of being perfect at the end of a tank.

I hit reset each time I fill the tank up. I hand calculate too, because I keep a spreadsheet with my MPG numbers and driving conditions in it so I can see what does/does not help economy. But having the EVIC is a great feature because as you are going through a tank you can see how it's going and if you need to adjust your driving.

Interesting that others don't find that the EVIC is accurate. Hmm.. I also GPS verified my speedometer and it's only 1 MPH off. This is probably because my current tires are worn out.
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
Unread 01-14-2010, 11:37 AM   #22
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

How has your Daystar lift been treating you? I ask because I see posts that some owners like them a lot, and some others have commented on accelerated spring sag. Saw that you had them listed in your sig. Decided to order the Franky lift a few weeks back as most comments were positive on that product.

My 05 speedo is about 3 mph off on the stock 225's compared to GPS. Which will change even more when new tires go on.

Unread 01-14-2010, 12:39 PM   #23
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I suspect my KJ's EVIC over estimates my MPG.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2010, 02:43 PM   #24
WXman
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95BadBoy View Post
How has your Daystar lift been treating you? I ask because I see posts that some owners like them a lot, and some others have commented on accelerated spring sag. Saw that you had them listed in your sig. Decided to order the Franky lift a few weeks back as most comments were positive on that product.

My 05 speedo is about 3 mph off on the stock 225's compared to GPS. Which will change even more when new tires go on.

I put 22,000 miles on my previous KJ CRD with the Daystar lift and had zero issues. Loved them.

Currently, I'm in the process of getting some on this CRD...but they aren't on yet. I'm afraid to go more than 2" because the KJs are notorious for ball joint failures even without a lift. I don't want to guarantee myself problems, you know?
Unread 01-14-2010, 04:29 PM   #25
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I hear that ! 2" lift is plenty for the CRD. If I plan on really playing hard, thats what I bought the TJ for. Going to go with Moogs for the ball joints though to be on the safer side - no movement at all on the factory ones yet, but not going to take anything for granted. For a few bucks and some of my own labor for a stronger grease-able ball joint looks to be a good investment. Seen too many pics, along with the horror stories that go with them.

To the OP - I apologize for hijacking your thread! Back to our regularly scheduled program.

Unread 01-15-2010, 03:53 PM   #26
POTBSS
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Do the tunes for CRD require a larger exhaust. Do you have to worry about egt getting too hot.
Unread 01-15-2010, 05:38 PM   #27
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

No, not really. Some owners have went to 2.5" from the cat to the tip though.

Unread 01-15-2010, 08:19 PM   #28
POTBSS
1999 TJ Wrangler 

It might not be a bad idea to upgrade the exhaust if go with the hot tune, to bad you can change the tune on the fly. maybe even an air intake. Does green diesel tune the jeep for specific mods that you have done?
Unread 01-16-2010, 12:49 AM   #29
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Like what type of mods? Opening up the exhaust (cat back) to 2.5" should be fine, many have done that with OK results. GDE is coming out with a turbo upgrade that should be out in February sometime.

Absolutely do not do a CAI (like K&N) on a CRD, or any libby for that matter. One, it pretty much is a waste of money (no improvement made by these) - and two -they let more diesel killing dirt through.

Unread 01-11-2011, 12:51 PM   #30
Unclebob9
2006 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by POTBSS View Post
I'm looking at a used 2005 liberty crd with 82,000. looking for any feedback. pros and cons. the jeep is for sale at a jeep dealer and their asking 13,000. Thanks
I bought my 2006, from Texas certified Motors last August for $12,800 out the door. It is the limited model with leather, etc... had 75,000 miles.
I bought it because I was looking for a small 4x4 that got good MPG and could comfortably tow my boat and quads. The towing capacity way exceeded my expectations (comparred to my 2000, cherokee that was very marginable). Power is fantastic. MPG on the freeway is 32+, around town in the low 20's. I have added a Magnaflo muffler and hollowed out the Cat. I put in a provent to protect the turbo and ERG valve from breather oil. I put in a lift pump-fuel gauge assembly (in tank) from a 2005 dodge diesel truck. I added a centimentator (a pre fuel filter, filterless filter to catch large debre and water, it extends fuel filter life). And a Transgo shift kit, and a ARB front bumper and added tow bar mounts to tow the jeep behind our Motorhome, and the GRD eco tune.

In my research, the 2006 had a few nice little additions over the 2005. The limited model has much nicer interior and the little computer panel overhead. The in-dash 6-cd changer is a nice plus with the Ipod plug in.
It has better passenger leg room in the back seat than the cherokee but also a smaller storage area in the back.
The limited also has full body armor underneath which is nice if you go off road.
I held firm on my out the door offer of $12,800 and after about a month and about 6 calls back from them negotiating, they finally told me to come and get it.
Thesea re rare and getting rarer. They wear not built to their true potential, this is why I did the above modifications right after driving it home to Ca. from Tx.
Best of luck: Bob
Unclebob9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.