2004 KJ lifter tap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 2004 KJ lifter tap

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
Long Island KJ

2004 KJ lifter tap

I just had my transmission serviced at my local dealership and they performed their usual multi point inspection. They noted a slight lifter tap on start up and continuing on to running temp. the KJ has 69422 miles on the clock and has had this lifter tap since day 1, but now that I'm at the end of my 7 / 70 warranty I am concerned. I asked the dealership about what could be done and they said ahhh don't worry about it ? I have been running Mobil 1 every 4K miles and have all the reciepts, should I make an issue of it and have them look into this deeper before problems get worse and warranty is expired ?
I did research the lifter tap years ago and found some 3.7's are louder than others and just went with it. Also this is the first time the dealership has noted it after many service visits in the past ( which I never mentioned the lifter tap ).
Thanks

Long Island KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2010, 06:41 AM   #2
Long Island KJ

Update............

Had the dealer look into this and will be replacing the lifters ( or tappets I guess ?) all covered under the 7 / 70 warranty............Wheeew !!!
They ordered the lifters and will be performing the job next week. I asked what about the cams and all the other 20 parts that need removal for the job ? They said they will replace whats needed when they get in there and see ???
Long Island KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2010, 06:50 AM   #3
LibertyTC
2004 KJ Liberty 

Nice that they are going to do the head work. I also have an 04 and can hear one or two tappets, I think this fall before my warranty is up, will see what they say too..I hate to ask how much that would cost if you had to pay for it.
LibertyTC is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.