2004 KJ Liberty Opinions for bull guards - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 2004 KJ Liberty Opinions for bull guards

Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep FendeAll Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 05-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
creswicn

2004 KJ Liberty Opinions for bull guards

What's up guys, new to the forum deal but looking for recommendations on a bull guard for my 04 lib. Red jeep with black rims, black racks. was looking at the black westin bull guard. all the one's i look at say that it won't fit my year. how do you find the right size?

creswicn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
TheBlueKJ
2003 KJ Liberty 

They all mount to the where the factory tow hooks do. Any of them will fit. If you want the bull bar for protection don't bother as it will cause more damage than without one. But if it's for looks go for it
Unread 05-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

They all bolt on the same, no changes in the mounting points, ONLY difference is the bumpers.
02-04 are the same and 05-07
So mounting hardware maybe somewhat different due to that.
But I'd save my $$$$ and put it into something useful
Unread 05-31-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
creswicn

awesome sounds good. thanks fellas
creswicn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2013, 01:16 AM   #5
profdlp
2007 KJ Liberty 

I'm curious, but as a Jeep owner for almost three weeks now I'm wondering why these are considered useless.

Just trying to learn, now that I have a vehicle which I'd like to spiff up a bit at some point. I'm not into bling as much as function.
profdlp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2013, 04:00 AM   #6
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

They are like adding fake louvers to your hood, serve no purpose but cosmetic ones.
To mount them you do away with the ability to have tow hooks on the front,
they are very weak so if you would happen to hit something they fold back over and actually cause more damage to the front in than with out.
They are made of weak metal which ruts out
and the list goes on
Unread 06-01-2013, 08:35 AM   #7
Halloween

Then any suggestions to what IS good to add to the front for protection? Brush/bull/push all add another place to add additional lighting too.
Halloween is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #8
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

ARB bumper
RockLizard Monitor front bumper
JeepinByAl Matrix Brush Guard

all you can mount lights to, have tow points and will hold up great

Now you may think they are all too expensive
but consider this
So far with my ARB I've rear ended a Toyota Camry that suddenly stopped for no reason, it was towed away and I had a couple of marks on mine.
4 Deer on different occasions killed 3 last one had to shoot it , only hair and guts on the bumper
last was a lifted GM pickup was turning and all of a sudden stopped minor dent in the ARB
But if I didn't have the bumper the whole front end would of been wiped off of my KJ at least 5 of the 6 times
Unread 06-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #9
profdlp
2007 KJ Liberty 

Thanks for all those ideas, Tom. What you said really makes sense. The confusing thing for a new guy is to figure out which things are worth the time, effort, and money.
profdlp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #10
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdlp View Post
Thanks for all those ideas, Tom. What you said really makes sense. The confusing thing for a new guy is to figure out which things are worth the time, effort, and money.
It can be confusing for sure
I was the same way back ah well 40 years ago
But just look around , invest your Jeep dollars wisely and it'll pay off in the long run

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.