2004 KJ - AC clutch engages and stays on...doesn't cycle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 2004 KJ - AC clutch engages and stays on...doesn't cycle

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 06-02-2014, 10:32 AM   #1
J-Dawg

2004 KJ - AC clutch engages and stays on...doesn't cycle

2004 KJ..... turn the ac on and the cooling fan kicks on as well as the compressor clutch engaging....the low pressure line cools down to very cold as well as the aluminum condenser bottle at firewall, air blows cold but the clutch never cycles...stsys on the whole time.....now I know folks have the opposite problem alot but I dont know if its supposed to always stay clutch engaged....I thought its supposed to cycle. If it stays on during entire time ac is on....could it be the high pressure switch is bad. Also, the ac seems random, 4 hrs before we had warm air blowing.....then I get the cold air with clutch on but not cycling. Obviously its got refridgerant or the low side wouldnt be cold. The randomness is annoying....or rather wife telling it bout it is, haha. Any thoughts or places to investigate. ...thx.

J-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2014, 05:07 PM   #2
jeepjeepster

Does it ever freeze up and stop blowing air? Mine use to freeze up, i replaced the pressure sensor on the accumulator and it fixed it.
jeepjeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2014, 10:18 PM   #3
J-Dawg

Hadnt noticed...will look into that. Thx
J-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2014, 07:33 AM   #4
olliehopnoodle
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Ours did the same. Turned out to be the clutch going bad. The bearings were really worn out causing erratic engagement.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/agr box/Borgeson ujoint steering shaft/401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/np208/d44(aussie)/amc20(ARB)/BFG 35X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness,Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 slider bars/custom bumpers and roll bar/Alpine head unit/amps/speakers 2002 Liberty Limited Early edition - Basically stock
olliehopnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.