2004 jeep liberty 3.7 sport radiator fan control relay location - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 2004 jeep liberty 3.7 sport radiator fan control relay location

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 09-18-2012, 11:24 PM   #1
dmanars
2004 KJ Liberty 

2004 jeep liberty 3.7 sport radiator fan control relay location

Ive been looking for this relay. I know where the 40amp is and its fine. Want to know where the control relay is to change it. Im getting the error code p1491.

dmanars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanars View Post
Ive been looking for this relay. I know where the 40amp is and its fine. Want to know where the control relay is to change it. Im getting the error code p1491.
According to my documentation it is in the left front engine compartment but I do not have a picture of it.

I know it is a matchbox sized metal component bolted to one of the vertical metal members near the radiator....from a picture I saw some time ago.
I have a CRD so cannot have a look at mine.

I will try find it in the parts catalogue!
Unread 09-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #3
cmclean
2003 KJ Liberty 

It's under the battery tray, newer relays have a big heat sink on them so possibly look different from the one fitted at the moment. Easiest way I found was to take off the grille, battery and tray and then you can even easily remove the headlamp assy to give you more room.
cmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #4
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

If I remember correctly the '04's relay is in the same spot as '02's and '03's.

Stock relay..............

Upgraded OEM relay,dealership only and worth the extra cost.........
Unread 09-27-2012, 06:58 PM   #5
dmanars
2004 KJ Liberty 

I got the one from the dealership and it doesnt have a heat sink... I think they sold me a retured one. When I asked he said, he said, we dont sell used or returned relays. I told him. but the packaged was stapled together. I didnt open it. You gave it to me like that. anyway. so i have to take all that apart... Bugger. I was hoping for a quick resolution. Guess I better get up early tomorrow.
dmanars is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.