2003 Vibration at 45 mph - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 2003 Vibration at 45 mph

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-09-2007, 12:02 AM   #1
wbrewski

2003 Vibration at 45 mph

My 2003 3.7 liberty has what sounds like and feels like going over a wash board only for aecond or two at 45 mph. I have had it to the dealer and they could not find any trans problems. They also checked both diff. I need help. I feels like it is in the right side and in the rear.

wbrewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2007, 12:28 PM   #2
Nan

My 03 with 87 or 88k was getting vibrations around 60 mph. It was time for new tie rods and all is good. My vibrations were in the front though so it makes sense. Have you taken it anywhere besides the dealer? So, ah, not sure if this was any help....
Nan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2007, 11:57 AM   #3
daxiet

This may not be the case, but my 2002 2.5 CRD has a vibration (in kph alas) between 65-85kph and again between 100-110kph (very loud drone from below the vehicle). Diagnosis: Worn rear universal joint.

To eliminate this get under you Jeep try hold the shaft coming out of the gearbox tight while trying to wiggle/twist the propshaft. If you notice play on the joints, you have an issue. Repeat the same for the rear joint. If you rotate it without holding it, you will get rotational play, but no up/down/left/right movement. Anyway, you will see it if it is worn, it is pretty obvious.
daxiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2007, 07:37 PM   #4
Steven73

vibration

I bet it's unbalanced tires. Seems to me that the Liberty is VERY sensitive to unbalanced tires.
Steven73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.