2003 Liberty Renegade Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 2003 Liberty Renegade Help

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 03-06-2005, 07:18 PM   #1
k3rnel

2003 Liberty Renegade Help

I have a 2003 Renegade with 39k on it, and everytime I hit a speedbump or other large bump, I get what sounds like a creaking noise coming from the front drivers side.

Could this be a strut problem maybe?

k3rnel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2005, 09:38 AM   #2
SRotblat

possibly sway bar bushings too...
SRotblat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2005, 12:08 PM   #3
psyched

Yep, sway bar brushings it is. I currently have this problem, but the dealer had to order some in so I'm waiting. They can harden and then they make that squeeky noise over bumps and holes

Psyched.

2003 Jeep Liberty Renegade
Selec-Trac™ 4WD, ABS, Sunroof, EVIC, Towing Package, White Knight reverse lights
psyched is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2005, 06:50 PM   #4
swyszomirski

what's the expense because I hear this sound sometimes too.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/798121
swyszomirski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2005, 11:47 AM   #5
Slipslap

Did you get the upper control arm bushings replaced or is it lower? There is a recall on them. Probably what it is. We have an 03 Renegade also and had ours replaced. I never noticed anything though before they did it.
Slipslap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.