2003 Jeep Liberty No Heat Blend Door problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 2003 Jeep Liberty No Heat Blend Door problem

The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Check out our NEW Steering Stuff!

Unread 11-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
2003LibertyOwne
2002 KJ Liberty 

2003 Jeep Liberty No Heat Blend Door problem

I have read many forums on this but I'm still puzzled at how this system fails after I've sent it to 2 dealers and now a 3rd mechanic and still there is a problem.
I have replaced the Heater Core, Flushed the HVAC system, no leaks when refilled, replaced the Radiator, replaced the Blend Door Actuator/Motor. The doors are moving however I can't get any heat. Cold air is fine.
Now I'm having to remove the entire dash, steering column, to get to the Blend Doors, themselves.
Can someone tell me if I'm doing this correctly and what's the next step?

Thanks.

2003LibertyOwne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #2
JDerek
2003 KJ Liberty 

I ran into this same problem earlier this year. Water Pump was bad. It MAY be as simple as that and judging by the amount you have already done I'd look there before tearing into the dash.
JDerek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
AVR2
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
I have replaced the Heater Core, Flushed the HVAC system, no leaks when refilled, replaced the Radiator...
Probably a dumb question, but have you felt the send/return lines from the thermostat to the heater core to check that they're hot? If they are, but you're still not getting heat through the vents, then logically it has to be a door not opening inside the HVAC box. I guess you've checked the climate control panel to make sure the problem isn't with that?

BTW, didn't you have to tear out the dash to replace the heater core? I'm assuming it's inside the HVAC box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDerek
I ran into this same problem earlier this year. Water Pump was bad
I'm intrigued. How can the water pump go bad in a way that stops you getting heat through the vents, but *doesn't* cause overheating?
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #4
JDerek
2003 KJ Liberty 

It was bypassing the heater core. I have no idea why but it was. We even pulled the heater hose off the core while it was running and it was dry as a bone with coolant in the system. Leaked like a sieve. It fell apart when we pulled it. We just kept the coolant topped off until we could get it swapped. Had to pull the cap everyday to eyeball it cause you can't see the level through the Tank.
JDerek is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.