2002 Liberty Taillight Issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 2002 Liberty Taillight Issue

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 11-11-2010, 08:23 AM   #1
Liberty15143
2002 KJ Liberty 

2002 Liberty Taillight Issue

wondering if anyone has any ideas on a tailight issue. My left tailight will not work. The rurn signal works, the brake light works but tailight will not work. I have replace the bulb, replaced the socket. I was thinking about removing the right taillight assembly and connecting it to the left wiring just to rule out possible wiring, or tailight assembly. I want to belive its not wiring just for the fact that if the brake lamp works. Im know expert just to trying save some money

Liberty15143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2010, 05:41 PM   #2
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty15143 View Post
wondering if anyone has any ideas on a tailight issue. My left tailight will not work. The rurn signal works, the brake light works but tailight will not work. I have replace the bulb, replaced the socket. I was thinking about removing the right taillight assembly and connecting it to the left wiring just to rule out possible wiring, or tailight assembly. I want to belive its not wiring just for the fact that if the brake lamp works. Im know expert just to trying save some money
It still can be a wiring problem.Double check the wiring and make sure you dont have any shorting out,and make sure it has a good ground.Here is something I found for light problems on Libertys:

Vehicle: Jeep Liberty (KJ) 2002-2005 (approx)

Concern: Right (or left) side tail/brake bulb keeps burning out. Customer has had bulb replaced numerous times.

Cause: A loose reflector piece inside the tailight lens is touching the bulb. Shake the tailight to check for rattle noise.

Resolution: Replace both tailight assemblies with revised parts to correct.

Details: Design flaw
richd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2010, 04:13 PM   #3
DAN C

Had this problem with my left tail light on my 03 Liberty. Remove the tailight (2 screws and pull) Check inside Where the wires connect to the harness. mine were all green inside and some of the pins were rotted away. I just cut out the connector and soldered the wires together and taped them up . Hope this may help
[COLOR=darkred]DAN O3 RED FREEDOM EDITION XOXO AIR INTAKE AIRAIDE THROTTLE BODY SPACER COBRA 75WXST CB ALL SKID PLATES & MOPAR DUAL OUTLET EXHAUST ALSO PATRIOT BLUE 02 LIBERTY LIMITED ALL OPTIONS EXCEPT SUNROOF[/COLOR]
DAN C is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.