2002 Liberty Cranks but wont Start - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 2002 Liberty Cranks but wont Start

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 12-16-2010, 08:19 AM   #1
sal1355

2002 Liberty Cranks but wont Start

Working on a 2002 Liberty, she will crank but will no fire!

3.7 V6 Auto 4wd
Fuel presure is good
Compresion is good
New crank and cam sensor
Enigne light flashes about ten time then stays on with key on
No code disply at odometer after key on, off, on, off, on
Orange spark present (not blue)

Thanks!

sal1355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2010, 08:32 AM   #2
jeepkj617
2002 KJ Liberty 

hm... thats really interesting, the flashing engine light just means the computer hasnt reset since the last time the battery was taken out or the code was cleared. so probably nothing to do with that...

still.. thats really strange.

Thinking about buying a Cobra® 29-LTD 2-Way 40-Channel CB Radio. Anyone have install/antenna suggestions?
jeepkj617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2010, 08:38 AM   #3
sal1355

So we can rule out the PCM? Spark seem week no?
Unread 12-16-2010, 05:27 PM   #4
sal1355

I put a noid light on the injector harness and seems as something might be shuting down power as the light flashes only once.

Anyone have any ideas?
Unread 08-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
Bibi
2003 KJ Liberty 

Help

Hi guys,
Short of setting my Liberty 03 Jeep ablaze, I don't know what else to do. It cranks but just wouldn't start. I've changed the Sensors, serviced the engine, changed the fuel pump, checked all my wires which seem to be in order,and even bought a new battery. Everything seems to be in good order but the damn car has simply refused to start. I'm really frustrated here and need help urgently. My mechanic seems as confused and clueless as I am (even though he won't admit it.)
Dunno what to do anymore
Bibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 02:07 AM   #6
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibi View Post
Hi guys,
Short of setting my Liberty 03 Jeep ablaze, I don't know what else to do. It cranks but just wouldn't start. I've changed the Sensors, serviced the engine, changed the fuel pump, checked all my wires which seem to be in order,and even bought a new battery. Everything seems to be in good order but the damn car has simply refused to start. I'm really frustrated here and need help urgently. My mechanic seems as confused and clueless as I am (even though he won't admit it.)
Dunno what to do anymore

Wow, there really are a lot of threads lately on this Forum and other KJ forums I frequent about 3.7 L KJs turning over and not starting!

Firstly, the ON/OFF sequence of getting codes out should be done rapidly and on the forth ON action the codes should read out.

The fact that you are getting fuel pressure would seem to indicate that the ASD relay is energizing but it is worth putting a meter onto the ASD relay to see that it is energizing and that the normally-open contact is closing and has power on both sides.

There is a large capacitor that sits across the spark plug coils to maintain a high voltage when the plugs fire. The fact that you have a poor spark may mean that the capacitor is dis-connected or has failed.

You may need to trace the wiring of the crankshaft sensor and the cam sensor all the way to the PCM in case there is a break.....if you need a link to a wiring diagram I can provide you with one.

I presume you do not have the SKIS light ON constantly or flashing?
This is the amber Key Symbol with a line through it on the left of the console...only present if you have the SKIS security system fitted.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.