2002 KJ speedo problem??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 2002 KJ speedo problem???

Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Rugged Ridge Bumpers, Winches, Performance from CCOR!JK Front Axle Truss

Unread 04-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #1
rovrman

2002 KJ speedo problem???

Hey,
According to my GPS and the GPS on my iphone, my KJ's speedo is 6 mph faster than the jeep is really going? What to do? I'm a first time liberty owner. I've owned wranglers and cherokees in the past. Any suggestions?

rovrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
dano64
2002 KJ Liberty 

If you don't want to take it to the dealer to get it recallibrated, you could always put on bigger tires until until you get set. with a 6mph difference you are going to jump a few sizes!!!!
dano64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 01:46 AM   #3
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovrman View Post
Hey,
According to my GPS and the GPS on my iphone, my KJ's speedo is 6 mph faster than the jeep is really going? What to do? I'm a first time liberty owner. I've owned wranglers and cherokees in the past. Any suggestions?
Most manufacturers do this on purpose so if you get a speeding ticket you cannot sue them because the speedo was under-reading.

You can get it re-calibrated at the Dealer or as stated put slightly larger tires on.
Unread 04-22-2012, 06:08 AM   #4
Gyrocaptain
2007 KJ Liberty 

I just had my 07 KJ(bought used,60,000kms) into a tranny shop and dealer(1.5hrs trying, no charge) and neither could recalibrate my speedo/tire size.Is 10kph over actual.
As far as I know, tires have always been stock size(235/70r16).
They seem to have narrowed it to the speedo head,and suggested I just drive 10kph over.
Gyrocaptain is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.