2002 jeep liberty infinity speakers?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 2002 jeep liberty infinity speakers??

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 10-15-2009, 12:53 PM   #1
02whiteJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

2002 jeep liberty infinity speakers??

Hello new to the forum...02 jeep liberty limited from texas!!
I have 2 blown infinity speakers, trying to replace them but cant seem to find the stock infinity speakers with the built in amp on them..need help where i can find some to purchase..i allreadt tried ebay but no luck..factory way to much money!!!

02whiteJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
XR
2002 KJ Liberty 

Try this instead.
Unread 10-28-2009, 02:09 PM   #3
BaDKiTTy
2004 KJ Liberty 

I have same problem on my 04 jeeperty I cannot find these stupid speakers! I wonder why they installed them in a first place. Right now I have regular speakers, my hubby did it with a tape, but its temporary.
BaDKiTTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2010, 12:36 AM   #4
Benibiker
2002 KJ Liberty 

Just ordered the repair kit XR mentioned ... Both my front speakers blew within days of each other and the dealer wants $200 each! We'll see how the repair kit works...
Unread 10-13-2010, 08:23 PM   #5
Spector5

I can fix this for y'all! I have an 04 and went through the same things until I thought like the musician I am. These speaker are actually pretty easy to fix. Drop me a line if I can help......
Spector5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 07:02 AM   #6
WXman
2001 WJ 

I used the eBay repair kit. $20 later my speaker worked like new again and has been working like new for several months now.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2010, 10:33 AM   #7
jeremysaal
2004 KJ Liberty 

I have a speaker questions for you guys. My Liberty's speakers, when equally balanced on the dash knob, plays about 80% front and 20% rear. I have sound from the back, but I have to change the balance to the rear end to equalize it. Not a big deal, but wanted to see if this is what everyone else's Jeep is doing.

Thanks!
jeremysaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2010, 07:31 AM   #8
Spector5

I'd say the balance thing sounds about right. The speakers in the back are two way and the ones in the front doors are woofers with the tweets in the front dash. It also might have to do with how close or far your seat is adjusted towards the front. Hope that helps.
Spector5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2010, 04:52 PM   #9
jeremysaal
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spector5 View Post
I'd say the balance thing sounds about right.
Perfect. Thanks for the info and have a good one!
jeremysaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2010, 05:52 PM   #10
Benibiker
2002 KJ Liberty 

Well I fixed my front speakers. I used the repair kit XR mentioned and they're like new again. It was extremely easy to fix, you just remove the speakers, scrap off the old foam, glue on the new foam and you're good to go!
Unread 01-31-2011, 02:34 AM   #11
02whiteJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

whats this kit called or where can i find it ...need it asap!!!
02whiteJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2011, 08:48 AM   #12
RageOfFury
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02whiteJ View Post
whats this kit called or where can i find it ...need it asap!!!
It's called a re-foam kit

http://www.speakerworks.com/ProductD...5&Show=ExtInfo
RageOfFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2011, 09:38 AM   #13
brendanc
2002 KJ Liberty 

Bah, screw fixing those crappy speakers. Yeah I said it! Infinity fans flame away!

Take the "built in" amp off the Infinity speakers and buy a nice replacement speaker (I used some 3-way Pioneer speakers). Hook the amp wires up to the new speaker and either epoxy or tape (I chose electrical tape) the amp to the new speaker. It might not fit exactly like the Infinity ones did, but as long as it isn't banging around in your door, you're fine.

This way you don't have to fix crappy speakers and the new speaker will sound even better. If you have a subwoofer (or subwooferS like I do) though, you might consider getting nicer 2-way speakers instead of a 3-way or higher. I didn't have the subs initially so I got 3-ways.

I've been running this setup for over 2 years now and haven't had a problem. Beats the hell out of need to buy an amplifier for my speakers.

Edit: a tip... go to crutchfield, enter your vehicle and find the speakers you like... take that model # and go to ebay
brendanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2011, 10:10 PM   #14
yellocoyote
2002 KJ Liberty 

^^^ I essentially did the same thing, and they work great now.
Unread 02-01-2011, 07:53 AM   #15
BigTDogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanc View Post
Bah, screw fixing those crappy speakers. Yeah I said it! Infinity fans flame away!

Take the "built in" amp off the Infinity speakers and buy a nice replacement speaker (I used some 3-way Pioneer speakers). Hook the amp wires up to the new speaker and either epoxy or tape (I chose electrical tape) the amp to the new speaker. It might not fit exactly like the Infinity ones did, but as long as it isn't banging around in your door, you're fine.

This way you don't have to fix crappy speakers and the new speaker will sound even better. If you have a subwoofer (or subwooferS like I do) though, you might consider getting nicer 2-way speakers instead of a 3-way or higher. I didn't have the subs initially so I got 3-ways.

I've been running this setup for over 2 years now and haven't had a problem. Beats the hell out of need to buy an amplifier for my speakers.

Edit: a tip... go to crutchfield, enter your vehicle and find the speakers you like... take that model # and go to ebay
LOL @ replacing Infintys with Pioneers Though, the OEM Infinity units aren't comparable to their aftermarket selection, Pioneer is a rather comical company. Your soultion to failed Infinty units is good though, as there is no point in paying $200 for an OEM speaker. Ever.

I'd be sure to securely mount the amps to something, even if it is the new speaker. Door slam will take it's toll on hardware over time, and it wouldn't be too hard for an amp to work loose. Picutres speak volumes in this case.

2 vs 3-way has nothing to do with whether you have a sub or not, but more if you have other midrange speakers in the car. You won't get any more bass extension with a 3 way versus a 2 way system. The 3-way coaxials are marketed to smooth out midrange response, but many 2-way systems are very flat through the crossover, so the small midrange isn't necessary. They may sound better in underpowered systems, but with proper amplification, the 2-way is just fine. Pioneer's 4-way system in some of their 6.5" speakers is just a gimmick, and offers no advantages.

If you're replacing the Infinitys and using the OEM amps to drive them, then yes, shopping eBay or google products is a great way to save money. Sometimes, though rarely, CF does have the same price as other blackmarket sellers. For headunits many times they are the lowest, once you factor in dash kits (thanks Chrysler, WTF is wrong with a DIN HU?) and harnesses.

My 06 Liberty has the base system, so when I revamp it I'll be doing soup to nuts; HU to speakers.
BigTDogg is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.