2002 Jeep Liberty Engine running on 3 Of 6 cylinders. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 2002 Jeep Liberty Engine running on 3 Of 6 cylinders.

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 05-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
JBean11

Hello All,
Need your advise please. I have an 02 Jeep Liberty limited. I was driving and stopped in a store and when I tried to start to leave the car was struggling and making a sound like you stuck a piece of plastic in a fan. I added oil and checked the rest of the fluids and connections. I got it started and headed toward a shop by my house. It was loosing power and blowing thick black smoke out the back. It has never given me any trouble before. I have no warning lights on and the car was over heating. I made it to the shop and after about an hour of checking he said three out of six cylinders were working. He doesn't know why... Any thoughts??? Please help.
Thanks

Last edited by JBean11; 05-20-2012 at 07:20 PM..
JBean11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.