15" Rims & Tires for 2004 Liberty? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 15" Rims & Tires for 2004 Liberty?

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 12-25-2010, 03:37 AM   #1
Nilknarf
2004 KJ Liberty 

15" Rims & Tires for 2004 Liberty?

Hey guys,

I have a few questions and was wondering if anyone could help me out. I'm currently using the stock rims and 235/70/R16 tires on my 2004 Liberty. I'm planning to replace them with 15" rims, but I'm not sure if they'll fit properly (and not rub up against and/or interfere with the brake calipers).

I'm considering purchasing the 15" Black Rock Series 916 Steel Wheels with 5x4.5 Bolt Pattern. I've heard some people say that the Liberty needs 4.5" of backspacing when fitting a 15" rim. My issue is that I can only find this rim in either 15x7 with 4.25" of backspacing or 15x8 with 4.75" of backspacing. Am I better off getting the rim with 4.75" of backspacing?

And...what size tires do I need to get to fit these rims? I would like to stick get tires that have the same width and height I'm currently using.

Thanks for your help, guys. I appreciate any advice anyone would be willing to provide.

Nilknarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2010, 05:04 AM   #2
Turbobearcat
2005 KJ Liberty 

My question is why are you going with 15 inch and not 17's?
Turbobearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2010, 09:31 AM   #3
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbobearcat View Post
My question is why are you going with 15 inch and not 17's?
Better tire selection and cheaper tire selection,also generally just better for offroad as more sidewall makes for better traction when aired down.

To the OP............

get the 4.25" BS ones but get the 7" wide versions as the 8" wide rims will be to wide.You will have rub unless you have a lift,major rub with the 8" wide rims and no lift.
Unread 12-27-2010, 05:31 AM   #4
Nilknarf
2004 KJ Liberty 

Thanks for your feedback. Am I better off getting a 16x7 wheel with 4" of backspacing? Would that fit without installing a lift? I'm considering The Black Rock 941.

Thanks again.
Nilknarf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2004 , liberty , rim , tire

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.