08 Liberty - TPMS Failure - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 08 Liberty - TPMS Failure

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 04-07-2008, 04:33 PM   #1
liberty_lurker

08 Liberty - TPMS Failure

Has anyone else had their TPMS say that it failed, and all four tires have dashes beside them?

It happened on my way from work this evening, and I checked all four tires, and they are at 35psi. It has 750 miles on it.

Dealer time?

liberty_lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
Busch2fan
2008 KK Liberty 

Not yet. Tire pressure is right on with the display. Veh only has about 1800 miles.
Busch2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2008, 05:26 PM   #3
liberty_lurker

Well, I read the manual and searched the forum, no luck. I guess I'll drive it to work tomorrow, and if the light doesn't go off, and the tire pressure starts being monitored again, I guess it'll be time to take it in, this might be my earliest warranty repair on any vehicle I've owned, after just two weeks.
Unread 04-08-2008, 01:13 PM   #4
merlinTec

Hi
Interesting has it started ok and have you had poor range with the remotes?
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 04-08-2008, 05:49 PM   #5
liberty_lurker

Well today I got in it, and the TPMS showed my pressure on the EVIC just as it should. No problems with startup, and I haven't noticed poor range on my remotes. I can open the doors from 25 feet or so.

Do you have an idea of what it might have been? Hopefully it was a glitch.

Where is the antenna for the wheel sensors?
Unread 04-08-2008, 05:50 PM   #6
Busch2fan
2008 KK Liberty 

If I remember correctly from my manual the sending unit is in the value stems
Busch2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2008, 04:10 AM   #7
liberty_lurker

Well, I didn't word my question very well, but yes, I know the sensor's transmitting antennas are the stems, but in my case, I was thinking there was a glitch with the receiver or its antenna because all of my tire pressures went blank, and the system said there was a TPMS failure, and the little tire icon started blinking, so I was wondering if anyone knew where the TPMS system's receiving antenna is.

I would think it is in the passenger compartment somewhere because the owners manual mentions that aftermarket window tint can cause the system to fail.
Unread 04-09-2008, 06:36 AM   #8
merlinTec

HI
It's in the WCM (wireless control module) and is the same receiver for the remotes (hence my question). There is an issue with the WCM locking up and you get a none start issue (see JK wrangler forum a lot suffer from this) and with this you could get poor or no remote. The TSB is to replace the WCM not sure if this covers your fault or not without fault codes.
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 04-09-2008, 08:04 PM   #9
liberty_lurker

Thanks Merlin. Hopefully it won't happen again, but if it does, its off to the dealer.
Unread 07-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #10
MudPuppy7592
2008 KJ Liberty 

Tire Pressure Monitoring system

My wifes Liberty shows ony one with dashes but after she drives for a couple of minutes it clears up and all four are registering.
MudPuppy7592 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.