Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

'08 KK vibration

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Heftiger 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

My wife and I noticed the other day that our '08 KK (25k Miles) has a vibration when rolling. It only happens sometimes but it happens when we're at a complete stop (like at a stop light) and begin to roll forward. When I've noticed it I'm still applying pressure to the brakes but not enough to keep me stopped. So when I roll forward the Jeep starts to vibrate; almost like I was pumping the brakes while moving forward. I'm not sure if this is normal, a transmission issue, or a problem with my brakes?

-Thanks!

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply!

I'm pretty sure it's not worn brakes; I've had warped rotors before and that's not how this feels. It doesn't vibrate when coming to a stop, only when rolling forward. And it vibrates very quickly, not like a rotating vibration if you know what I mean.

#5 ·
is it more like the car is jerking forward with lil jerks, like pulsating, if yes then its the torque converter not having enough torque to propel the car forward. mine does the same thing, sometimes even when i let go of the brakes completely but do not push the accelerator pedal. i was told its normal

#6 ·
its the torque converter, It happened on my 08 KK as well, go to the dealer and have reflash the TCM / Transmission Control Module.. after did that it's drives great! (like's it supposed too)

BTW, there is a TSB out of the torque converter "T/C Shudder"

hope this help!

Jason

#12 ·
Hi there Heftiger...

Not sure if the new TSB took care of this for you BBBUUUUTTTT.....

i "think" I had the same problem as you. I'd be at a red light with a still somewhat cold engine - running for less than 5 minutes. Release the brake, don't touch the gas - and to me it FELT like warped rotors, only way quicker than I was rolling (and remember, i wasn't on the brake).

I changed my spark plugs on Sunday to Bosch Platinum4s.... and the "shudder" seems to be gone!

Give it a try if the TSB doesn't work.

#16 ·
i wasn't suggesting that they WOULD pay for the plugs - just that it'd be nice...

Well unfortunately I noticed the vibration again yesterday, so apparently the plugs didn't really help (although I do believe there's a difference in acceleration with them).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.