07 Liberty dome light - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 07 Liberty dome light

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 11-27-2013, 04:25 AM   #1
jeep143
2007 KJ Liberty 

07 Liberty dome light

I've searched for this on past threads but can't locate anything. The dome light occasionally flickers while driving. It doesn't appear there is any consistency when it happens. Sometimes while driving, sometimes while turning. Any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks!!

jeep143 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2013, 05:35 AM   #2
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep143 View Post
I've searched for this on past threads but can't locate anything. The dome light occasionally flickers while driving. It doesn't appear there is any consistency when it happens. Sometimes while driving, sometimes while turning. Any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks!!
Do you have the dome light switched OFF while driving and it flickers ON occasionally? I only have the 2006 circuit diagram, everything goes through the Junction Block/BCM...basically so that the BCM can dim the lights after a while after you switch off.

It seems to me that when switched On then the dome lamp picks up ground through the Black/White lead, when you switch it OFF it should lose its ground and go via the Yellow/Light Blue lead to the "courtesy Lamp Load Shed" point on the BCM. Either the BCM is getting a bit confused or this Yellow/Light Blue wire is chaffing through to ground intermittantly somewhere on its way to the BCM.

You either need to trace this Yellow/Light Blue wire all the way to the BCM or else see what happens if you cut it off right at the Dome Lamp...then it should act exactly like the courtesy lamps left and right.

This diagram and wire colors may not be correct for the 2007 KJ though!
img.jpg

Unread 11-27-2013, 06:54 AM   #3
markjames

Hello all! I have an issue not related to the dome light. On my way to work this morning I used my front windshield washer, it worked fine. About 10 minutes later I tried to use it again and it would not work. I tried the rear one and it worked fine, any ideas as to why it would not work? Thanks...
markjames is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2013, 07:49 AM   #4
2007LIB
2007 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Does it go on solid when you enter and exit the vehicle? Is it just one or both?
Unread 11-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #5
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Most common cause of this is a bad multifunction switch(going out).
Unread 11-28-2013, 04:23 AM   #6
jeep143
2007 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007LIB View Post
Does it go on solid when you enter and exit the vehicle? Is it just one or both?
thanks for your reply, dome light goes on solid on entry or exit.
Unread 11-28-2013, 04:25 AM   #7
jeep143
2007 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billwill View Post
Do you have the dome light switched OFF while driving and it flickers ON occasionally? I only have the 2006 circuit diagram, everything goes through the Junction Block/BCM...basically so that the BCM can dim the lights after a while after you switch off.

It seems to me that when switched On then the dome lamp picks up ground through the Black/White lead, when you switch it OFF it should lose its ground and go via the Yellow/Light Blue lead to the "courtesy Lamp Load Shed" point on the BCM. Either the BCM is getting a bit confused or this Yellow/Light Blue wire is chaffing through to ground intermittantly somewhere on its way to the BCM.

You either need to trace this Yellow/Light Blue wire all the way to the BCM or else see what happens if you cut it off right at the Dome Lamp...then it should act exactly like the courtesy lamps left and right.

This diagram and wire colors may not be correct for the 2007 KJ though!
thanks so much!! I'll check this out this weekend.. it's in the shop right now. Rusted out tranny pan.
Unread 11-28-2013, 05:44 AM   #8
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
thanks so much!! I'll check this out this weekend.. it's in the shop right now. Rusted out tranny pan.
I also like the suggestion of tjkj2002 that it could be the multifunction switch...if you don't come right then maybe replace it....these switches do fail sometimes.

One portion of this switch is used to dim the cluster lights and if you turn that dimming switch all the way it turns on the Dome light so this may be the culprit!
Unread 11-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #9
jeep143
2007 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billwill View Post
I also like the suggestion of tjkj2002 that it could be the multifunction switch...if you don't come right then maybe replace it....these switches do fail sometimes.

One portion of this switch is used to dim the cluster lights and if you turn that dimming switch all the way it turns on the Dome light so this may be the culprit!
thanks ill look into this too! Much appreciated

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.