06 Liberty tail light problem? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 06 Liberty tail light problem?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 04-23-2012, 12:11 AM   #1
ed1
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

06 Liberty tail light problem?

Ok, so our 06' Liberty has this annoying problem with the passenger's side tail light, the stop/night light's socket that connects directly to the metal pin on the red lamp assembly doesn't make contact so occasionally, I either have my stop/night light working correctly or I have either just the stop or just the night light working, last night I only had my stop light working and not the night light, so this morning I tried to adjust the socket to make contact with the metal part on the red lamp assembly and it kind of worked and it was working properly, however tonight I drove again and I had just the stop working and not the night light!! But here comes the weird part that never happened before, the interior lights that illuminate the cluster, the radio and the PRND12 bezel were off and they would only illuminate when I applied my brakes. Does anybody know what the heck is wrong with our Liberty and why my dashboard lights only illuminate while pressing the brake pedal? By the way, all light bulbs are new so it's not that.

ed1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2012, 02:21 AM   #2
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed1 View Post
Ok, so our 06' Liberty has this annoying problem with the passenger's side tail light, the stop/night light's socket that connects directly to the metal pin on the red lamp assembly doesn't make contact so occasionally, I either have my stop/night light working correctly or I have either just the stop or just the night light working, last night I only had my stop light working and not the night light, so this morning I tried to adjust the socket to make contact with the metal part on the red lamp assembly and it kind of worked and it was working properly, however tonight I drove again and I had just the stop working and not the night light!! But here comes the weird part that never happened before, the interior lights that illuminate the cluster, the radio and the PRND12 bezel were off and they would only illuminate when I applied my brakes. Does anybody know what the heck is wrong with our Liberty and why my dashboard lights only illuminate while pressing the brake pedal? By the way, all light bulbs are new so it's not that.
I would suggest that you replace the socket assembly as that is where the problem is coming from.
You do get weird symptoms sometimes if you have bad earthing...replace the unit first and see what happens.
Unread 04-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
ed1
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

Yeah,the dashboard lights problem was just a blown fuse, this fuse shares the dash lights with the rear pass. side parking light so that was the problem, I also had to adjust a little the socket to get contact, I think I'm going to have to replace the whole tail light assembly in the future since where the socket goes it is a little burned and this causes to mess up my lights, I'll just leave it until it stops completely working.
ed1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
electrical problem , jeep liberty , tail lamp failure , taillight

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.