'06 Liberty CRD Owners - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > '06 Liberty CRD Owners

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-17-2005, 07:44 PM   #1
glaspak845

'06 Liberty CRD Owners

Question for '06 Liberty CRD owners. Does the large "truck" diesel nozzle fit into your filler spouts? When I pulled up to the oversized nozzles I can't get it to fit. I read that just fits but I think the filler spout in the Jeep is too small, any thoughts other experiences?

-Mike

Unread 11-18-2005, 12:52 AM   #2
swyszomirski

do a search, this came up about a month ago

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/798121
swyszomirski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2005, 10:56 AM   #3
glaspak845

Quote:
Originally Posted by swyszomirski
do a search, this came up about a month ago
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

Yes, I have read this thread when it was first posted. And on two different occasions at two different fueling stations the large truck nozzle did not fit in my '06 CRD. Knowing from that thread that "it just barely fit" I was cautious and careful when trying to place it in the filler neck. And it didn't fit. I was wondering if DC changed the nozzle size for '06 or not. Since I have read this article and didn't see any pictures posted I have no clue the diameter of the filler neck hole to compare to mine. If you do know I would like to know. Or maybe I am just making the mistake...this is what I am trying to find out.
Unread 11-18-2005, 07:52 PM   #4
ranger1
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaspak845
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

Yes, I have read this thread when it was first posted. And on two different occasions at two different fueling stations the large truck nozzle did not fit in my '06 CRD. Knowing from that thread that "it just barely fit" I was cautious and careful when trying to place it in the filler neck. And it didn't fit. I was wondering if DC changed the nozzle size for '06 or not. Since I have read this article and didn't see any pictures posted I have no clue the diameter of the filler neck hole to compare to mine. If you do know I would like to know. Or maybe I am just making the mistake...this is what I am trying to find out.
05 CRD - I had to use a big rig diesel fuel station once and it did not fit into the restrictor inside the fuel filler. I was able to hold it against it and fill it anyway by using a slower fill rate, barely 1/3 of the way open. Even at 1/3 on the fuel pump, it came out as fast or faster than a regular pump. Don't know why some 05's can handle the big rig pumps and others like mine don't seem to fit. Build date of March 1, 2005.
ranger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2005, 12:21 AM   #5
glaspak845

Well then the case may be that DC changed the filler nozzle in the '05s as well. I was just curious since some people said it fit in theirs and doesn't in yours or mine.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.