Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

'06 Liberty CRD Owners

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  glaspak845 
#1 ·
Question for '06 Liberty CRD owners. Does the large "truck" diesel nozzle fit into your filler spouts? When I pulled up to the oversized nozzles I can't get it to fit. I read that just fits but I think the filler spout in the Jeep is too small, any thoughts other experiences?

-Mike

#3 ·
swyszomirski said:
do a search, this came up about a month ago
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. :laugh:

Yes, I have read this thread when it was first posted. :thumbsup: And on two different occasions at two different fueling stations the large truck nozzle did not fit in my '06 CRD. :eek: Knowing from that thread that "it just barely fit" I was cautious and careful when trying to place it in the filler neck. And it didn't fit. I was wondering if DC changed the nozzle size for '06 or not. Since I have read this article and didn't see any pictures posted I have no clue the diameter of the filler neck hole to compare to mine. If you do know I would like to know. Or maybe I am just making the mistake...this is what I am trying to find out.

#4 ·
glaspak845 said:
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. :laugh:

Yes, I have read this thread when it was first posted. :thumbsup: And on two different occasions at two different fueling stations the large truck nozzle did not fit in my '06 CRD. :eek: Knowing from that thread that "it just barely fit" I was cautious and careful when trying to place it in the filler neck. And it didn't fit. I was wondering if DC changed the nozzle size for '06 or not. Since I have read this article and didn't see any pictures posted I have no clue the diameter of the filler neck hole to compare to mine. If you do know I would like to know. Or maybe I am just making the mistake...this is what I am trying to find out.
05 CRD - I had to use a big rig diesel fuel station once and it did not fit into the restrictor inside the fuel filler. I was able to hold it against it and fill it anyway by using a slower fill rate, barely 1/3 of the way open. Even at 1/3 on the fuel pump, it came out as fast or faster than a regular pump. Don't know why some 05's can handle the big rig pumps and others like mine don't seem to fit. Build date of March 1, 2005.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.