06 Liberty AC Compressor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 06 Liberty AC Compressor

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-27-2008, 10:03 AM   #1
djroot2

06 Liberty AC Compressor

My mom went to the dealer because her 06 liberty limited was blowing warm air with the AC on. They tried a recharge and it didn't help so they narrowed it down to the AC compressor being bad. Because it is out of warranty they wanted ~$850 for the repair.

I've found the compressor online for a fraction of that cost. I know I'll need it properly vented pre-install and recharged post install. Before I get myself into some knuckle busting mess, I'd like to know where the AC compressor is and what caveates I may run into if I do the work myself. I'd just go look at the car but she lives a while away and I won't be down that way for another few days at least. Thanks.

djroot2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2008, 09:27 PM   #2
jeepjeepster

You should do a couple of things before rushing in and listening to the dealership. Take it to a local independent shop that you trust and get them to pull a vacuum on the system to see if it has any leaks. If it does, they should be able to put a dye in the system to see where the leak is.

If it has the proper refrigerant and the compressor still isnt kicking on then it could be other things beside a compressor. A bad high or low pressure switch would be two things.

The compressor is on the passenger side right on top of the engine, very easy to see.

Its right beside of the alternator:

The way your compressor looks may vary.
jeepjeepster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2008, 08:17 AM   #3
djroot2

thanks jeepjeepster. I'll take your suggestion and have someone check it out first.
djroot2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2008, 08:17 PM   #4
jeepjeepster

Hopefully its just a leak.
jeepjeepster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2014, 11:29 PM   #5
lsmrls

06 jeep liberty ac compressor removal

I'm also working on my 06 liberty 3.7 ac compressor but I'm having difficulty removing it from that bolt in the back? Any suggestions?
lsmrls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.