06 libby CRD won't crank - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 06 libby CRD won't crank

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 07-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
Pete M
1988 MJ Comanche 

06 libby CRD won't crank

It did this a couple years ago and that time it turned out to be the little bar that goes inside the ignition switch was broken. so we started there this time. got it all apart and the little bar is still fine. tried turning the ignition switch manually and the Jeep cranked and fired! but then died a second or so later. tried again with the same result but the jeep died even quicker. a third attempt brought the same result and then nothing. no more cranking at all. So I figured it was a faulty ignition switch. replaced that today and still nothing. doesn't even try to crank. is there something else in the steering column I'm missing?

My email: petermontie@hotmail.com
ComancheClub.com/forums
Pete M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Pete

Are you getting full voltage at the starter? Yah, you probably already checked all ends of the cables - thought I'd throw it out there anyhoo. Have you had any transponder keys made recently? How old is the battery?

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2013, 02:56 AM   #3
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete M View Post
It did this a couple years ago and that time it turned out to be the little bar that goes inside the ignition switch was broken. so we started there this time. got it all apart and the little bar is still fine. tried turning the ignition switch manually and the Jeep cranked and fired! but then died a second or so later. tried again with the same result but the jeep died even quicker. a third attempt brought the same result and then nothing. no more cranking at all. So I figured it was a faulty ignition switch. replaced that today and still nothing. doesn't even try to crank. is there something else in the steering column I'm missing?

If you have the SKIS system installed you must have the chipped key in the ignition while turning the ignition key with a screwdriver.

If you do have SKIS, the amber key light with a line through it should come on for a few seconds when turning ignition ON.

If it flashes at you....it is not happy with the chip in the key.
If it stays on all the time likewise you have a SKIS problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.