06 Jeep Liberty Rear Hatch Won't Latch ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 06 Jeep Liberty Rear Hatch Won't Latch ?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 03-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
KG5S
2006 KJ Liberty 

06 Jeep Liberty Rear Hatch Won't Latch ?

My wife's 06 rear glass hatch won't catch , I can make it latch by pushing in the catch by hand but just closing the glass it won't catch. I can make it unlatch by the gate handle and also the remote.

Thanks for any help you can give !

KG5S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
teamfast
2007 KJ Liberty 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f28/t...latch-1340456/
teamfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
KG5S
2006 KJ Liberty 

Thanks for the help !
KG5S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #4
chillipeppa
2006 KJ Liberty 

Liftgate Issues

Gents.....I too suffer from the same liftgate issues as followed in this thread with my 2006 Jeep Liberty. What I can surmise is that I either need the latch mechanism and/or a switch that apparently is located in the handle. Neither is an extraordinary cost, but can anyone tell me if the there is such a switch since I can't seem to see it in the BOM of the handle. Thoughts?????

Aloha,
Blake
chillipeppa is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.