Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

'06 Jeep Liberty horn

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Chris204 
#1 · (Edited)
I just bought a 2006 Jeep Liberty Limited last week and I recently noticed the horn has changed its tone.
The horn was really loud and strong sounding when I would press the lock button on the remote before.
Now it sounds more like a Toyota horn and is significantly quieter. It sounds very weak.

Has anyone else experienced this? Should I consider taking it in for service?

#3 ·
The libby horn is a dual tone horn. That means it has two different horns to make one awesome sounding horn. Maybe one of your horns took a poop. It happened to my dads work truck, mostly b/c he got hit in that area and I think the guy who fixed it didnt hook them back up right.. :rolleyes:

#6 ·
Did you go wheelin at all? I took my wife's a few weekends back through some mud and a shallow river crossing and it's lost it's pitch. After normal driving for a week or so it started to come back, so i'm assuming a little water or dirt was in their. If ya went wheelin and all..

#7 ·
Hellsiege said:
Did you go wheelin at all? I took my wife's a few weekends back through some mud and a shallow river crossing and it's lost it's pitch. After normal driving for a week or so it started to come back, so i'm assuming a little water or dirt was in their. If ya went wheelin and all..
Nope, it's too nice to take off the road. :D
The only thing I did was take it through the car wash the day before it started acting up on me. Do you think that had something to do with it?

#8 ·
Chris204 said:
Nope, it's too nice to take off the road. :D
The only thing I did was take it through the car wash the day before it started acting up on me. Do you think that had something to do with it?
Shouldnt, they are behind the driver side headlight. You can see them very easily by popping the hood and looking between the fuse box and the headlight. :thumbsup:

Ive had my jeep in some fairly deep mud and Ive never had a problem with them getting wet. My fas has thrown water all over the place before... :laugh:

#10 ·
hyedipin said:
I am not sure how different it sounded, but I also noticed that there is a slight difference in horn from 04 to 06. It is a little higher pitched. I wouldn't be suprised if dealer said, working as it should be....
I took it in on Saturday and that's exactly what they said. I know I'm not hearing wrong, because it was much louder when I first got it two weeks ago. They said both horns are working fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.