'05 Liberty Alarm Question - Alarm Light Doesn't Flash - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > '05 Liberty Alarm Question - Alarm Light Doesn't Flash

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 12-02-2008, 04:40 PM   #1
iwantaliberty
2005 KJ Liberty 

'05 Liberty Alarm Question - Alarm Light Doesn't Flash

Ok I just got a (new to me) '05 jeep liberty. The remote has the 4 buttons. Panic, lock, unlock, and rear glass release. But when I lock the vehicle I understand that the alarm light is supposed to flash rapidly and then slow down and continuously blink. However, when I lock the car (I have tried this while in the car using the remote out of the ignition) the light doesn't blink at all. Also I have tried this outside the car.

I though maybe the light was just bad but it does come on when the vehicle starts up so that's not it. I have also tried to lock the car and set the alarm then reach in and unlock it but that doesn't work either.

I am positive my jeep has an alarm, it has the panic button and the alarm light but I can't seem to get the alarm to activate.

PS, I have tried the panic and it does work, lights and horn flash/sound.

Any ideas? Is it possible that the alarm is disabled???

iwantaliberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2008, 06:44 PM   #2
KJcrazy123
2007 KJ Liberty 

I am having the same problem. I might call my dealership tomorrow and ask.
[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][B]Jeep,[/B][/FONT] [FONT="Arial"]It is a[/FONT][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="4"][I]lifestlye,[/I][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT="Arial"]not a[/FONT] [FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="5"][I][B]bodystyle.[/B][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
KJcrazy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2008, 08:58 PM   #3
iwantaliberty
2005 KJ Liberty 

bump for any help?
Unread 12-04-2008, 10:03 PM   #4
Luke09
2005 KJ Liberty 

Mine does not flash either (if it is even there). Where is it located in your Liberty?
Luke09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2008, 07:22 PM   #5
doom11
2007 KJ Liberty 

alarm

on mine i can change the alarm with the roof mount display, if i want the flashers to indicate lock unlock or not
doom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2008, 09:53 PM   #6
DaveJKJ
2005 KJ Liberty 

Do you have the EVIC (Electronic Vehicle Info Center) in the overhead? You can program it from there. The owners manual would explain better than I could.
War Veterans Jeep Group #31
Black Jeep Society #217
DaveJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #7
timc
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I wish I could turn mine *off*.

Using the EVIC, sure, doesn't honk the horn when the doors are locked remotely. But if you do as you suggest and manually unlock the doors after being locked with the remote, it's honk city.

So, if you figure out how to re-enable yours, let us all know (or at least me!) if you find the method to disable it as well.
timc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2008, 02:59 PM   #8
iwantaliberty
2005 KJ Liberty 

I don't have the evic so I have to program the horn and light flash on lock/unlock from the remote...
Unread 12-10-2008, 10:18 AM   #9
jeepdaddy65
2005 KJ Liberty 

I have the same thing happening on my 05 Rocky Mountain. Come to find out the light doesn't flash because I don't have an alarm. I looked in the owners manual and it said optional under the instructions. Maybe yours doesn't have an alarm
jeepdaddy65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.