05 KJ electrical gremlins. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 05 KJ electrical gremlins.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 05-16-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
crusher242
1999 TJ Wrangler 

05 KJ electrical gremlins.

Hi all. I'm usually over in the TJ forum, but the wifes rig is having issues.
Today she couldn't start it and I wasn't home. She grabbed the neighbor and he jumped it for her and she died out about two miles later with the lights flashing in the dash and the clock on the radio. My father in law had a spare battery and comfirmed it to be the original battery finally kicked the bucket.
Well of course thats not all folks. The radio and the clock don't seem to be getting any power and the power locks only work with the key on power. Everything else seems to be fine. I pulled all the fuses tonight and everything checks out. I'm pretty confused about whats going on. A friend said something about a relay reset, but I sort of assumed he was talking out of his ***. Anyone? Thanks.

Unread 05-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #2
jp7794
2006 KJ Liberty 

When a battery goes in these Jeeps all kinds of strange things happen. I had something similar when my battery went out. I know this sounds crazy, but remove the cables and either hold them or tape them together for about ten minutes. This will discharge all the voltage from resistors and other electronic components along with the PCM. It kind of "hard resets" everything.
jp7794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 06:15 PM   #3
crusher242
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I've tried a few things. I pulled the cables and stepped on the brake pedal for 10 seconds afterward then let sit for 30 min to deplete the power in the system. Nothing. Pulled all the plugs from the computer located on the driver side fender and waited 30 min. Nothing. Total symptoms include no radio, no clock, no headlights when off,not door locks when off, and no dome lights. I'm thinking its the BCM. All the fuses checked out, but I'll recheck fuse 34.
Unread 05-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #4
crusher242
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yep. fuse 34. Thank you all.
Unread 05-18-2012, 07:05 AM   #5
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post
So, does that mean it was fuse 34?

I could not have been correct, because I am told from user here, that I am Idiot, oh; and a liar, and so forth...
Dont let them stop you posting.....I have seen many valuable posts from you!

As far as I am concerned...post what you believe is correct and let the readers decide if they will follow the advice or not.....nobody forces them to!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.