05 Jeep Liberty Check Engine Light - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 05 Jeep Liberty Check Engine Light

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 07-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #1
aquaman_06
2005 KJ Liberty 

05 Jeep Liberty Check Engine Light

I have a 2005 V6 3.7L Jeep Liberty. It has about 73000 miles on it. Today when I was driving the check engine light came on. I took the Jeep to Advanced Auto Parts and they pulled the error code. It said it was an Evmp Sensor (Emissions Control). Is that a common sensor to have fail?

The guy at advanced auto commented that it would likely kill my gas mileage. Are these expensive to have replaced? Will my 8 year 80k wrap around extended warrenty through Chrystler cover that?

aquaman_06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2008, 11:51 PM   #2
02jeephead
2002 KJ Liberty 

What is an Evmp Sensor? 80% of all check engine lights are (Emissions Control). I don't think the dealer will cover it but whats the harm in trying?
02jeephead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2008, 07:29 AM   #3
aquaman_06
2005 KJ Liberty 

Actually I meant Evap sensor. I spoke with the Jeep dealership today. I noticed my gas cap was kinda loose and they think that may have caused it. I tightened it. Any ideas?
aquaman_06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2008, 09:29 PM   #4
dunerunner
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman_06 View Post
I have a 2005 V6 3.7L Jeep Liberty. It has about 73000 miles on it. Today when I was driving the check engine light came on. I took the Jeep to Advanced Auto Parts and they pulled the error code. It said it was an Evmp Sensor (Emissions Control). Is that a common sensor to have fail?

The guy at advanced auto commented that it would likely kill my gas mileage. Are these expensive to have replaced? Will my 8 year 80k wrap around extended warrenty through Chrystler cover that?
Warranty will probably cover the sensor but the problem could be much more simple. Have you recently filled with gas? If so, the cap may not have gotten secured tightly. It usually takes a week or so for this to clear. Good luck! Post the resolution!!
dunerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2008, 09:56 PM   #5
EagleStorm
2008 WK 

they should have given you the p code there is a lot of evap codes if the gas cap was loose tighten it then clear the code see if it come back on if not your good to go
EagleStorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.