05 Hella Fog Lamps Lens cracked. Suggestions or replacements? - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 05 Hella Fog Lamps Lens cracked. Suggestions or replacements?

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Steinjäger photo contest!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Reply
Unread 10-16-2010, 03:21 PM   #1
PNW05KJ
Registered User
2005 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Woodinville, Washington
Posts: 28
05 Hella Fog Lamps Lens cracked. Suggestions or replacements?

My factory lens on the Hella fog lamps are cracked. Any suggestions on plug and play replacements? The dealer wants $150.00 just for the lens!!!

PNW05KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2010, 04:53 PM   #2
95BadBoy
Moderator
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 2,840
Wrecking yards and EBay if looking to stay 100% stock and not get hosed at a stealership.

You are talking the external type and not the ones built into the grill right? If they are the external, you could buy regular Hella's at Wally World or where ever and reuse the factory plug if needed with a bit of solder and shrink tube.
__________________
05 TJ RME 42RLE with some things
05 KJ CRD 545RFE, GDE Eco tune, Franky II, Al's 4.5 A-arms, JK Rubi Moabs, Silent Armors 245-70-17's, Spidertrax Adapters, Rola Basket, Fumoto Valve, Pinch welds pounded

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2010, 06:14 PM   #3
PNW05KJ
Registered User
2005 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Woodinville, Washington
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95BadBoy View Post
Wrecking yards and EBay if looking to stay 100% stock and not get hosed at a stealership.

You are talking the external type and not the ones built into the grill right? If they are the external, you could buy regular Hella's at Wally World or where ever and reuse the factory plug if needed with a bit of solder and shrink tube.
Yes they are the external ones that came on the Renegade with the off road package and the light bar.
PNW05KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2010, 03:44 PM   #4
95BadBoy
Moderator
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 2,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW05KJ View Post
Yes they are the external ones that came on the Renegade with the off road package and the light bar.
Would def think about the aftermarket Hella's with the lens cover then. Waaayyy less expensive.

As soon as you would put a factory replacement one on - another stone will eventually find it's mark.
__________________
05 TJ RME 42RLE with some things
05 KJ CRD 545RFE, GDE Eco tune, Franky II, Al's 4.5 A-arms, JK Rubi Moabs, Silent Armors 245-70-17's, Spidertrax Adapters, Rola Basket, Fumoto Valve, Pinch welds pounded

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 07:27 PM   #5
PNW05KJ
Registered User
2005 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Woodinville, Washington
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95BadBoy View Post
Would def think about the aftermarket Hella's with the lens cover then. Waaayyy less expensive.

As soon as you would put a factory replacement one on - another stone will eventually find it's mark.
Found em! Rock Auto 55 Bones each... They are on the way...
PNW05KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 08:46 PM   #6
95BadBoy
Moderator
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 2,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW05KJ View Post
Found em! Rock Auto 55 Bones each... They are on the way...
Awesome. After you install them, Craigs list the other one and recoup a few coins.
__________________
05 TJ RME 42RLE with some things
05 KJ CRD 545RFE, GDE Eco tune, Franky II, Al's 4.5 A-arms, JK Rubi Moabs, Silent Armors 245-70-17's, Spidertrax Adapters, Rola Basket, Fumoto Valve, Pinch welds pounded

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.