04 liberty sport, headlights, power windows, horn and cigarette lighter won't work - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 04 liberty sport, headlights, power windows, horn and cigarette lighter won't work

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
Brianpitera
2004 KJ Liberty 

04 liberty sport, headlights, power windows, horn and cigarette lighter won't work

I just bought an 04 liberty sport, the power windows, low beams, cigarette lighter and the horn won't work. So far I have replaced the bulbs in the headlights and checked all the fuses and cleaned the contacts as well as cleaned up the ground on the top center of the fire wall. Are there. Any fuses I should double check or any grounds to specifically look at? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!
Brian

Brianpitera is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #2
HTDutchy
2007 KJ Liberty 

Checked battery voltage and connections?
Ive seen a lot off problems caused by that
HTDutchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 02:50 AM   #3
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpitera View Post
I just bought an 04 liberty sport, the power windows, low beams, cigarette lighter and the horn won't work. So far I have replaced the bulbs in the headlights and checked all the fuses and cleaned the contacts as well as cleaned up the ground on the top center of the fire wall. Are there. Any fuses I should double check or any grounds to specifically look at? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!
Brian
Have you checked the fuses under the hood and also on the fuse panel inside the cabin?

You can download the Service Manual here..includes the circuit diagrams...download the 2003 Service Manual...will be close enough to your 2004 KJ.

http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ
Unread 10-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #4
Brianpitera
2004 KJ Liberty 

Today I'm planning on unplugging the battery and cleaning the terminals really well as well as all of the grounds I can find, recheck and clean all of the fuses in both boxes and then check all of wiring harnesses. Crossing my fingers that it's a simple fix. Thanks for advice!
Unread 10-30-2013, 05:41 PM   #5
jbarthol
2005 KJ Liberty 

Don't forget the relays under the steering wheel.
jbarthol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2013, 04:17 AM   #6
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarthol View Post
Don't forget the relays under the steering wheel.

Yes good advice...this is basically the panel that holds the fuses inside the cabin...the high beam relay is on the front while the other relevant relays are on the reverse of this fuse panel so this fuse panel needs to be pulled out and flipped over....the circuit diagrams at least identifies which relay is which as they are not marked on the panel...known as the Junction Block.
Unread 10-31-2013, 10:15 AM   #7
Brianpitera
2004 KJ Liberty 

Thank you, is it connected to the fuse box behind the door or directly under the wheel?
Unread 10-31-2013, 12:08 PM   #8
jbarthol
2005 KJ Liberty 

Basically it's the same panel, just the backside of the one by the door. To access it you will need to pull down the kick panel below the steering wheel. On my 05 Limited use a panel removal tool (or your own hands if your like me) to release the two clips holding it in place on the top of the panel. Mine is hinged on the bottom, so no need to bother with that end.
jbarthol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2013, 12:30 PM   #9
Brianpitera
2004 KJ Liberty 

Thank you so much, that will be tomorrow's project!
Unread 11-02-2013, 11:12 PM   #10
Brianpitera
2004 KJ Liberty 

Fixed it! There was a red and yellow wire and blue wire under the good, in the corner closest to the steering wheel. Got them back together and no more problems. Thank you so much for the help!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.