04 Liberty Hood Gap - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 09-04-2006, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Fetter

04 Liberty Hood Gap

I'm sure I posted about this here before but since it's missing I'll just post it again. Does anyone else's hood look like it's partially open when it's closed? I've tried twisting down the black screws that are there but that didn't do anything. If anyone else has had or seen this and has other ideas I'd appreciate hearing them.

2004 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-04-2006, 09:23 AM
TJJIM79
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Have a fat person sit on the hood, that should fix it

No seriously, I think I am the one that told you about the rubber screws up front. Is there any adjustment on the latch behind the grill that you can adjust??

OFF TOPIC, Fetter do you live in North Tonawanda?? If not what does NT stand for??
post #3 of 8 Old 09-04-2006, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Fetter

NT always has and always will stand for North Tonawanda.

I had looked at the latch but really couldn't see anything that could be changed with that.

post #4 of 8 Old 09-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Tri_X_Troll

1986 MJ Comanche 

Sound's like a warranty job for the dealership

Ryan- "I went from one crap-tastic drive train to another. At least the engine is the weak link this time"
post #5 of 8 Old 09-04-2006, 10:47 AM
jeepjeepster

If you screw those black things down to much, it will let the hood rattle and not be tight. Take a pic and let us look at it. No use in running to the dealer if nothing it wrong with it.

Pic of mine:

post #6 of 8 Old 09-04-2006, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Fetter

It looks like maybe it's more the passenger side... I could be wrong but this is what I see basically.

post #7 of 8 Old 09-04-2006, 05:22 PM
TJJIM79
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I would say that there is definatley something wrong. It looks like by the windshield it is touching your fender. It almost looks like your hood is bent?? Did you just buy it?? It might have been in a little wreck if so?
I just looked at my hood gap and it is almost a perfect 1/4" gap all the way around.
post #8 of 8 Old 09-04-2006, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Fetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJjim
I would say that there is definatley something wrong. It looks like by the windshield it is touching your fender. It almost looks like your hood is bent?? Did you just buy it?? It might have been in a little wreck if so?
I just looked at my hood gap and it is almost a perfect 1/4" gap all the way around.
That picture does a bad job with the hood... it does look bent in the pic but it doesn't look that bad in person.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.