02 Liberty transmission - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 02 Liberty transmission

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #1
carrieb
2002 KJ Liberty 

02 Liberty transmission

Hi, I have an 02 Liberty. I am having transmission problems. I have replaced the computer (refurbished). The problem is that it revs really hard & jumps-even after the computer replacement. At a light it will sometimes try to stall out or even shift when it shouldn't be shifting while driving the same speed for a bit.
I have about 237K miles on the jeep. I am trying to make this car last until the end of the year.

Do I need a new transmission?
thanks

carrieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 02:43 AM   #2
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrieb View Post
Hi, I have an 02 Liberty. I am having transmission problems. I have replaced the computer (refurbished). The problem is that it revs really hard & jumps-even after the computer replacement. At a light it will sometimes try to stall out or even shift when it shouldn't be shifting while driving the same speed for a bit.
I have about 237K miles on the jeep. I am trying to make this car last until the end of the year.

Do I need a new transmission?
thanks
Have you replaced the filters and fluid in the transmission? It will need to do some re-learning in any case with the new TCM.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.