02 Jeep Liberty Sport overheating while idling - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 02 Jeep Liberty Sport overheating while idling

RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 04-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
MrsWas
2002 KJ Liberty 

02 Jeep Liberty Sport overheating while idling

Just started today while out running some errands.
I ran inside while my fiance and daughter idled outside. He said it hadn't been too long before he saw the temp gauge start to climb and then white smoke started coming from under the hood. He turned the jeep off and popped the hood. He said he could see the antifreeze boiling but no leaks or anything. I even looked under the jeep and nada.
The jeep started up no problem and didn't overheat or even get very warm while we were driving home. Also had no problem making heat while we were driving which was good since it was only 30 out.
My Dad said he would take a look at it tomorrow if I could give him some ideas to look for.

Thanks for your time.

MrsWas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 09:46 PM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Thermostat could be sticking
Make sure no leaks in radiator or
water pump etc
when was the last time the system was flushed
Unread 04-13-2013, 05:28 AM   #3
Bain98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Also make sure the fan is kicking on.
Bain98xj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.