02 Jeep Liberty only blowing hot air - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 06-08-2014, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Kimiko
2003 KJ Liberty 

02 Jeep Liberty only blowing hot air

I don't know what the problem is at one point the line was cold and was and still is full with freeon and still wouldn't blow cold air only hot. I did some research online thought it might be the accumulator, bought a new one and replaced it now the line is hot and now it's still only blowing hot. Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is. Everything is running I just have no idea what the problem could be as to why it isn't blowing cold air and why the line went from cold to hot.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-10-2014, 01:22 PM
olliehopnoodle
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Which line?

82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/agr box/Borgeson ujoint steering shaft/401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/np208/d44(aussie)/amc20(ARB)/BFG 35X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness,Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 slider bars/custom bumpers and roll bar/Alpine head unit/amps/speakers 2002 Liberty Limited Early edition - Basically stock
post #3 of 4 Old 06-10-2014, 01:28 PM
oldfamilyguy

Quote:
Everything is running
So the compressor clutch is engaging?
post #4 of 4 Old 06-10-2014, 03:25 PM
remmons
Web Wheeler

2015 KL Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimiko View Post
I don't know what the problem is at one point the line was cold and was and still is full with freeon and still wouldn't blow cold air only hot. I did some research online thought it might be the accumulator, bought a new one and replaced it now the line is hot and now it's still only blowing hot. Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is. Everything is running I just have no idea what the problem could be as to why it isn't blowing cold air and why the line went from cold to hot.
If you had replaced the accumulator, what did you do with the old Freon? Did you let it discharge into the atmosphere? You didn't mention that you had recharged the system after installing the accumulator. If you didn't then that is your FIRST step. But if you did, did you put in ENOUGH R-134A Freon into the system? Your do-it-yourself kit gauge should read about 35-45 PSI at 75-85 Deg Fahrenheit (ambient temp), but consult with the installation instructions (or your service tech) on what your pressure should be.

Robert.

2015 Cherokee Trailhawk V6.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.