02 Jeep Liberty only blowing hot air - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > 02 Jeep Liberty only blowing hot air

Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-08-2014, 03:18 PM   #1
Kimiko
2003 KJ Liberty 

02 Jeep Liberty only blowing hot air

I don't know what the problem is at one point the line was cold and was and still is full with freeon and still wouldn't blow cold air only hot. I did some research online thought it might be the accumulator, bought a new one and replaced it now the line is hot and now it's still only blowing hot. Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is. Everything is running I just have no idea what the problem could be as to why it isn't blowing cold air and why the line went from cold to hot.

Kimiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #2
olliehopnoodle
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Which line?
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/agr box/Borgeson ujoint steering shaft/401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/np208/d44(aussie)/amc20(ARB)/BFG 35X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness,Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 slider bars/custom bumpers and roll bar/Alpine head unit/amps/speakers 2002 Liberty Limited Early edition - Basically stock
olliehopnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2014, 01:28 PM   #3
oldfamilyguy

Quote:
Everything is running
So the compressor clutch is engaging?
oldfamilyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #4
remmons
Some assembly required.
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimiko View Post
I don't know what the problem is at one point the line was cold and was and still is full with freeon and still wouldn't blow cold air only hot. I did some research online thought it might be the accumulator, bought a new one and replaced it now the line is hot and now it's still only blowing hot. Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is. Everything is running I just have no idea what the problem could be as to why it isn't blowing cold air and why the line went from cold to hot.
If you had replaced the accumulator, what did you do with the old Freon? Did you let it discharge into the atmosphere? You didn't mention that you had recharged the system after installing the accumulator. If you didn't then that is your FIRST step. But if you did, did you put in ENOUGH R-134A Freon into the system? Your do-it-yourself kit gauge should read about 35-45 PSI at 75-85 Deg Fahrenheit (ambient temp), but consult with the installation instructions (or your service tech) on what your pressure should be.

I am by no means a professional. I know just enough to get myself into trouble.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/i...t-case-989208/
remmons is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.