Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > Liberty > Traktor

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Traktor Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep Liberty Next Jeep

Traktor

Email Bookmark Print
JeepsorJets
Georgia

Jeep Information

Year:2006

Model:Liberty Sport

Engine:2.8 CRD

Transmission:5 speed automatic

Transfer Case:Selec-Trac

Suspension:stock

Tires:BFG Mud Terrain KM2

Wheels:factory aluminum

Armor:N/A

Recovery Gear:N/A

Accessories:N/A

Future Modifications:ARB Bull bar, OME 1.5 lift springs(med front, std rear) Bilstein shocks

This is new tire day. The guys at Discount Tire are awesome this is a pic to try to see how a 1.5 in lift will look with the BFG KM2's. Now I have spent about 3 weeks trying to figure out this CRD thing. Been reading lots but...

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

JeepsorJets
View JeepsorJets's Jeep
07-07-2010, 04:36 PM
CRD still learning but WT___?
This is the first time I have tried this so I hope it is working. I recently bought this Liberty and was excited to have a Diesel in the family. It is the first one (diesel) I have owned. Had about 47,000 miles when i bought it and looks to be in great shape over-all. I am now wrestling with a CEL that came on after I cleaned the MAF sensor and the Temp/Press sensor. I also ran some seafoam through it. Light has been on ever since. I have rechecked all connections and even cleaned the sensors again (used CRC MAF sensor cleaner by the way). I have been reading several past threads about others strife with their CRD engines. Wow...who was the moron who thought an EGR was a good idea on this engine. I am in the process of taking mine off nowto check it out. After taking the EGR air control valve I am shocked...there is about 1/8th inch of black gummy koke in the inside of the duct and I can feel it inside the intake manifold as well. same thickness there. So my question is this. Is this the normal amount of deposit for a diesel engine with only 47,000 miles? And how do I get it out, short of removing the intake manifold and soaking it? As a side note wow what an achilles heel for what should be a long trouble-free engine.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.