Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > Liberty > Traktor

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Traktor Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep Liberty Next Jeep

Traktor

Email Bookmark Print
JeepsorJets
Georgia

Jeep Information

Year:2006

Model:Liberty Sport

Engine:2.8 CRD

Transmission:5 speed automatic

Transfer Case:Selec-Trac

Suspension:stock

Tires:BFG Mud Terrain KM2

Wheels:factory aluminum

Armor:N/A

Recovery Gear:N/A

Accessories:N/A

Future Modifications:ARB Bull bar, OME 1.5 lift springs(med front, std rear) Bilstein shocks

This is new tire day. The guys at Discount Tire are awesome this is a pic to try to see how a 1.5 in lift will look with the BFG KM2's. Now I have spent about 3 weeks trying to figure out this CRD thing. Been reading lots but...

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

JeepsorJets
View JeepsorJets's Jeep
07-07-2010, 04:36 PM
CRD still learning but WT___?
This is the first time I have tried this so I hope it is working. I recently bought this Liberty and was excited to have a Diesel in the family. It is the first one (diesel) I have owned. Had about 47,000 miles when i bought it and looks to be in great shape over-all. I am now wrestling with a CEL that came on after I cleaned the MAF sensor and the Temp/Press sensor. I also ran some seafoam through it. Light has been on ever since. I have rechecked all connections and even cleaned the sensors again (used CRC MAF sensor cleaner by the way). I have been reading several past threads about others strife with their CRD engines. Wow...who was the moron who thought an EGR was a good idea on this engine. I am in the process of taking mine off nowto check it out. After taking the EGR air control valve I am shocked...there is about 1/8th inch of black gummy koke in the inside of the duct and I can feel it inside the intake manifold as well. same thickness there. So my question is this. Is this the normal amount of deposit for a diesel engine with only 47,000 miles? And how do I get it out, short of removing the intake manifold and soaking it? As a side note wow what an achilles heel for what should be a long trouble-free engine.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.