Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > Liberty > Libby

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Libby Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep Liberty Next Jeep

Libby

Email Bookmark Print
jeeplibby05
Manchester

Jeep Information

Year:2005

Engine:V6 3.7

I have a 2005 Jeep liberty with a little over 98000 miles on it. Yesterday on my way home from work I smelt a burning rubber/ urine smell coming from my rear passenger side tire. By the time I got home and put Libby in Park there was smoke coming from the tire. I replaced the caliper, pads, and rotor about an hour after. Today on my way from work there was only a hint of smell coming from the same side. When I got home from work I replaced the caliper, pads and rotor on the opposite side just to have a fresh start. I drove about 10 miles after and when I got home the smell was very strong. There I was no smoke this time either. Does anybody know what's going on?!

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

1997xj5speed1
View 1997xj5speed1's Jeep
03-31-2014, 12:58 AM
Bump

1997 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 4x4 AX-15 110,000 miles

forsale7000
View forsale7000's Jeep
06-14-2014, 08:52 PM
Did you replace the hand break liner too they are on the inside of the rotor?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.