Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > Liberty > Green Liberty

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Green Liberty Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep Liberty Next Jeep

Green Liberty

Email Bookmark Print
memikev

Jeep Information

My 2006 Liberty has 111000 miles and has been very well maintained. 2 days ago engine began knocking. Checked all fluid levels and nothing was amiss. Nothing leaking. Anyway I pulled over when I heard the knocking and after about 15 minutes I tried to start engine. Would not start. After about 30 minutes it started and I limped home. No more issues until today. Was doing around 50 when I heard knocking again. Jeep began losing power and eventually stalled. I was unable to restart this time. The strange thing is that when I try to start the engine the serpentine belt engages turning the fan and the alternator, power steering pump etc. I can hear the starter turning but it doesn't seem to engage the flywheel. I changed the battery and starter about 2 months ago. My friends seem to think it's the timing chain but I'm not sure. I had a guy that's helped me before tell me it's the MAP sensor. Any ideas before I bite the bullet and bring this to a mechanic?

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

RKK
View RKK's Jeep
03-10-2014, 09:10 PM
You said it doesn't seems to engage the fly wheel. Why can't you take it advanced auto parts. And let them check if the solenoid is pushing the gear

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.