Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > WK Grand Cherokee > Will's Black Jeep

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Will's Black Jeep Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep WK Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

Will's Black Jeep

Email Bookmark Print
05BlackWK
Charlotte

Jeep Information

Year:2005

Model:Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4

Engine:3.2L V6

Wheels:Stock plasti-dipped wheels

I'm planning on blacking everything out. I already plasti-dipped all the badges, wheels, smoked out my taillights, and I blacked out some of my grey ugly interior with plasti-dip as well. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

bcfdt1
View bcfdt1's Jeep
06-22-2014, 10:09 AM
Attachment 1425810

Did my badges and rims. I also did my calipers in red caliper paint.

05BlackWK
View 05BlackWK's Jeep
06-22-2014, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcfdt1 View Post

Did my badges and rims. I also did my calipers in red caliper paint.
Nice man! I might do the calipers like that. I just got done smoking my taillights and it turned out great!

bcfdt1
View bcfdt1's Jeep
06-23-2014, 07:43 AM
I really want to do my tail lights too, but I spend a lot of time in baltimore traffic and have been rear ended twice in my 97 grand cherokee, so the wife will NOT let me do them, and I'd prefer not to get hit in my 05 so I let her win this one...for now...lol

05BlackWK
View 05BlackWK's Jeep
06-23-2014, 08:51 AM
That sucks man! I love them! They actually put out enough light except for the reverse lights, I can't really see anything at night when I'm backing up but I'm fine without it.

bcfdt1
View bcfdt1's Jeep
06-23-2014, 09:02 AM
I thought about converting to LED's which would definitely put out more light. I think if someone isn't paying attention while driving, it doesn't matter how bright your tail lights are, they are still going to hit you.

This isn't a finished battle with the misses, I just have to choose the right time to attack. I might just do it and see if she even notices...the sofa is pretty comfortable...lol it not her jeep I'm doing it to anyway...probably not the best way to approach it, but I've never been accused of being smart with things like that...lol

05BlackWK
View 05BlackWK's Jeep
06-23-2014, 09:09 AM
Hahaha I like how you think man! Just do it while she's gone one day! Haha

bcfdt1
View bcfdt1's Jeep
06-23-2014, 10:05 AM
Still waiting for the pics of yours...that will definitely sell me and have me comfortably living in sofa-land...lol

05BlackWK
View 05BlackWK's Jeep
06-23-2014, 11:38 AM
It won't let me post pics yet. I think I have to get to a certain amount of posts

bcfdt1
View bcfdt1's Jeep
06-23-2014, 03:56 PM
I don't know how that works. One day I couldn't, the next I could.

05BlackWK
View 05BlackWK's Jeep
06-23-2014, 09:03 PM
I think I saw somewhere that you're required to post a certain amount of times before you can put a pic

05BlackWK
View 05BlackWK's Jeep
06-24-2014, 12:47 AM
Before and after
For some reason my third taillight didn't work right after I finished, but the next day it worked...... weird. But no other problems really than that
I followed this video step by step. It was a perfect video walk through https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSKA...NwkyEjQEcOMx8f

bcfdt1
View bcfdt1's Jeep
06-24-2014, 07:50 AM
Wow!!!! That looks great...time to break out the spare pillow and blankets...sofa here I come!!!

05BlackWK
View 05BlackWK's Jeep
06-24-2014, 12:52 PM
Haha have fun on the sofa. I was able to finish the lights with one bottle of of note shades. You don't need 2 like the guy says.

bcfdt1
View bcfdt1's Jeep
06-27-2014, 06:37 PM
Do you have any problems with your middle seat belt when you put your back seat down?

05BlackWK
View 05BlackWK's Jeep
06-27-2014, 06:51 PM
No. I never really put my seat down. I have subs back there and it would just slide around back there. What's wrong with it?

bcfdt1
View bcfdt1's Jeep
06-27-2014, 09:46 PM
When I put the seat back up, the seat belt retracts all the way but locks and will not release. I have to remove the bolt securing the belt to the frame to release it, then reattach the bolt. The only other fix I've found is to pull the belt all the way out then tie a knot in it right at the top of the seat, then lower the seat. When I raise and lock the seat back upright, and untie the knot it's fine.

This is a pic of the knot I have to put in the belt.

05BlackWK
View 05BlackWK's Jeep
06-27-2014, 10:01 PM
I have no idea man. That's weird. I would create your own thread about it.

bcfdt1
View bcfdt1's Jeep
06-28-2014, 10:02 PM
I think I might, I searched for it on here but didn't see anything about it.

bcfdt1
View bcfdt1's Jeep
07-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Be carful when using products like Black Magic's Tire Wet in plasti dipped surfaces. For lack of a better description, it melts the plasti dip, discolors it, and it has to be removed. But the good news is it wipes off with a rag fairly easy.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.