Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > WK Grand Cherokee > Transmission won't engage

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Transmission won't engage Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep WK Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

Transmission won't engage

Email Bookmark Print
cjcole
Spanish Fork

Jeep Information

Year:2006

Model:Laredo

Engine:4.7L

Help! My Jeep ran fine has never given me any troubles...no noise in shifting, transmission fluid full. Has never been off road or abused in any way. I parked it in driveway...next day would not engage in reverse or drive. Towed it to local repair shop. Said linkage is fine...possible major transmission problem. Seriously??? Without any symptoms. Any ideas?

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

mofishin
View mofishin's Jeep
12-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Me, too!!!
CJ,
As of 24 hours ago, I have the exact same problem as you, on the same model (Grand Cherokee (WK) Laredo, 4.7L, 545RFE trans,4x4). I drove the car about 20 miles in city traffic before parking in the drive for the evening. That night the temperature dropped about 40 degrees and continued to drop another 10 degrees in the morning. About 10:00 AM, I went out for a trip to the local wal-mart, and, like you, the tranny won't engage any gear forward or reverse. It's like the shift lever is connected to nothing. Also, like you, I have not had any indication of any kind of problem with this vehicle.
I do have a generic code scanner and it indicated a P0700 code pending, which would indicate a tranny issue. I cleared the code, but without an enhanced Chrysler tranny code it's pretty useless. I ordered a new code scanner today and should have it tomorrow. Hopefully it will provide more detail about where the issue may lie.
I'll let you know if I discover anything, or if a tow to the dealer is going to be required...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.