Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > WK Grand Cherokee > Grand cherokee

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsCurrie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!

Grand cherokee Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep WK Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

Grand cherokee

Email Bookmark Print
jetcraft77
El Cajon

Jeep Information

Year:2008

Model:LAREDO

Transmission:AUTOMATIC

2008 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4 no acceleration, 70,000 miles:
It went to 45 MPH on the freeway and could not accelerate above that but the RPMs went up. I pulled over and shut car off and then turned it on and the problem went away. Latest problem is I stopped for gas and when I turned the jeep on and put it in drive, the car did not move but the RPMs went up. I turned it off and on and the problem went away. Before this happened, I had a check engine light come on and replaced the gas cap and it went away...This may sound insane but I replaced the cap 4 times. Has anyone encountered this problem before? I am going to go to Pep Boys to have them scan the codes hopefully today or tomorrow. I will post the codes once I have them, I am hoping for some insight in the mean time if you had similar experiences. Thanks!!

2008 GRAND CHEROKEE LAREDO 4X4 AUTOMATIC

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

kansasbird07
View kansasbird07's Jeep
10-27-2013, 03:57 PM
I have the exact same wk and have had similar problems. I've been throwing codes for downstream o2 sensor and lean bank, which is making it get terrible gas mileage.. From my understanding it is the downstream o2 sensor that is bad and is a common problem. I bought mine recently and it is under warranty. I'll take it in soon and let you know what they say. Also I've been running mine with this problem for about a month with no adverse affect as far as I can tell. I also had a airbag light come on but my scanner doesn't do body codes. It makes me think vacuum, but I think it's related to the o2 sensor. I'll keep you posted.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.