Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > WK Grand Cherokee > Dwin's WK

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Dwin's WK Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep WK Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

Dwin's WK

Email Bookmark Print
dsjr2006

Norton Shores

Jeep Information

Year:2006

Model:Limited

Engine:5.7

Suspension:OME MD + Bilsteins

Tires:275/65r18 Goodyear Duratrac

Wheels:18" JK Sahara

Bought the Jeep in may coming from an '03 Honda Accord V6 Coupe as my DD. Also previously had a '05 Dakota Quad with the 4.7. Lots of work going into this Jeep in the next few weeks/months so I figured I'd start a thread too.
So far:
AFE Stage 2 Intake
Rebuilt Mopar HEMI
Spyder LED Taillights
Changed all fluids
Fumoto Oil Drain Valve
JK Sahara 18" Wheels
Alpine PDX-V9 5-ch Amp
Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" - Front Door Speakers
Boston Acoustics SE35 - Dash Speakers
OME MD Lift
Bilstein Shocks/Struts
275/65r18 Goodyear Duratracs

Coming up:
Hitch Mod for Spare
Front Diff. Isolator Bushings
HID Projector Retrofit
Custom Sub Box like JL Stealthbox
4xG Matrix
Roof Rack

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

fuzzydogjack
View fuzzydogjack's Jeep
01-01-2013, 06:26 AM
06 limited hemi automatic
Remote start oem fob. Any info?

dsjr2006

View dsjr2006's Jeep
01-01-2013, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzydogjack
Remote start oem fob. Any info?
From what I've read its only available on the OEM fob on the '08 and up. I've been looking into what it might take to switch the necessary parts though.

dsjr2006

View dsjr2006's Jeep
01-25-2013, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjr2006

From what I've read its only available on the OEM fob on the '08 and up. I've been looking into what it might take to switch the necessary parts though.
I've done lots of research and it seems that to convert the ignition to the '08 style you need to add the WIN module, the problem is that our current wireless module operates on 315Mhz and the new one is 433Mhz (going off memory, may not be exact), but the issue is that you loose communication with the TPMS. Also another issue is whether or not you could even get it to work. It operates on the CAN-BUS and the '08 have a new higher speed bus so getting it to communicate with the PCM seems almost impossible without changing that too. There are other challenges too, so at this point I think I might just buy something like the Advanced Keys system which has more functionality than the OEM and still can have the OEM look.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.